Mini lathe.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I-R-POPS

''Rusty Mopar Slacker''
I was at a dairy that a friend owns and he was cleaning out a spot in his shop to get his '32 Ford in out of the weather. He had this Lathe, Mill, Drill combo thingy loaded in the bucket of a loader half covered up with trash. I asked him what he was going to do with it and he said trash it. Needless to say we loaded it on my flat bed and I carried it home.

Spent a couple of days taking it apart and derusting everything. Lubed up and put back together. The Chinese motors look a little sad. Plastic dried up and fell off both of them. Took them in to get them checked out and new capacitors put on them if the motors are good.

It's big enough for small parts and such and won't take up much precious room in the shop that is already too dang small.

Attachments

• IMG_4761.jpg
    IMG_4761.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4762.jpg
    IMG_4762.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4763.jpg
    IMG_4763.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4765.jpg
    IMG_4765.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 57
It's a Shoptask. Made in 1992.
Ronnie said they used it for maintenance in the milking parlor until they updated to a rotary milking setup 5 years ago.

He even had the owners manual. He paid $1750 for it and he gave it to me.
Can't beat a deal like that. I told him I'd so some plama table work for him to make me feel better.

I am envious of ya brother. Great score. I could find a million uses for that at my place. [cl

My thoughts exactly.
I paid a small machine shop in Belen $65 to make a couple of 2'' diameter knurled aluminum knobs for Dad's John Deere tractor.
I think I'll use this thing on a regular basis.

I'd love to have one of those. Plenty big for whatever I could dream up to make. Great score Pops! For the price, even if you need new electric motors you're ahead already.

I'd love to have one of those. Plenty big for whatever I could dream up to make. Great score Pops! For the price, even if you need new electric motors you're ahead already.

Yeah I've already got a job to do with it.
I took the motors to get them fixed up. The place is backed up 2 weeks and I'm probably the most impatient person you'll ever run across. I'll give him a couple of days then convince him to move me up on the list.

My Enco 9X20 just crapped the motor, now I feel like everything is stalled. Looking for a deal on a treadmill to convert it.

The heck you say! I may have to look into that if my motors are junk.
Well I know they are junk it says made in China on them. I should say if they aren't worth fixing.

Latest posts

Back