1934 Cadillac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheels

ZZ The "photo chop on pg 2 entry12 kinda had me expecting the traditional look of wires or smoothies. The wheels you used look great as well. i think the best builds are the ones that a wheel tire combo switched will give it a whole new attitude. I think you are well on the way to achieving this. I love this car. My opinion is that if the scrub line would allow it you could drive it on the hubs and still have a cool looking ride. Some cars are cool from the start, some are cool when the all come together. Some never make to cool at all. Your already there. The cars style is cool, the proportions of the mods are right on, and your work is admirable. That my friend is a tri-fecta. :cool::cool::cool:

zzrodder,

This 34 Cadillac was at our local cruise tonight. Just thought I would pass it on since there are so few out there.

Hey, Gastrick, that is so cool to see another car like mine [cl - only difference is the side mount wheels. I wish I had the bumpers, they were destroyed from having been shoved around by various farm machinery for 50 years.
I don't like to knock the wheel choice on it, but 15's just look too tiny to me as the stock wheels were so much taller. I'd love to have gone to some custom 20" spoke wheels but they are scary expensive - that's why I chose to go with these Rocket wheels - as 18's and 20's go, they are not too over the top pricewise.

hey flipper, i think zz is still on vacation for another month or so. he posted it somewhere on here.

Yerright Deerchopper, had to get away from the snow but will be back on it early in March, though I'm still keeping an eye on RRR. It's tough to put the tools down for so long but working on my tan in Yuma ain't too hard to take.....

Attachments

• DSC03466.jpg
    DSC03466.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 88
"early march"

ZZ I hope vacation was good. Its early March. Can't wait to see some new progress shots. [dr[dr

ZZ I hope vacation was good. Its early March. Can't wait to see some new progress shots. [dr[dr

Heading home tomorrow :( , it's gonna be tough to put away the shorts and flip flops and get out the snow shovel !! But I'm itchin' to spark up the welder again (soon as I get the wife's honey-do list knocked off).

Attachments

• DSC03440.jpg
    DSC03440.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC03432.jpg
    DSC03432.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 89
Yerright Deerchopper, had to get away from the snow but will be back on it early in March, though I'm still keeping an eye on RRR. It's tough to put the tools down for so long but working on my tan in Yuma ain't too hard to take.....

Looks like County Roads, If I knew you were here in Yuma I would have stoped by and pick your brain, Your work is great.

Not exactly a progress update, but at least I made it home. :D This is how it was sitting for the last couple months, taken apart and shoved in the corner so I could put my daily driver car inside while I was away.
Time to get it back on it's wheels and get back to work !!

Attachments

• marc 08 11 34 cadillac 002.jpg
    marc 08 11 34 cadillac 002.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 175
  • marc 08 11 34 cadillac 003.jpg
    marc 08 11 34 cadillac 003.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 194
Yes you should be well rested to pull some long hours on the car now, expecting a lot of progress,LOL.

Sweet. I really do like the proportions of this build, and it`s good to see it keep with the Cadillac tradition..... huge rims :D

Seriously though, keep up the good work.

-Johnson

Thanks guys, good to be home...:cool:

Got it back on it's wheels today and got a bit more done on the floor substructure. [;) This is going to be an easy floor to put in since the driveshaft hump is so low and the tranny tunnel should end up fairly small too....... more footroom is a good thing :D

Attachments

• march 11 11 34 cadillac 001.jpg
    march 11 11 34 cadillac 001.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 180
  • march 11 11 34 cadillac 002.jpg
    march 11 11 34 cadillac 002.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 172
  • march 11 11 34 cadillac 004.jpg
    march 11 11 34 cadillac 004.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 162

Latest posts

Back