Mini T bucket from golf cart

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey zz,

what the heck is your interior guy doing, driving around the states trying to find the right cow? if he doesnt start producing some pannels we will come up there and rough him up for you. lol

hey zz,

what the heck is your interior guy doing, driving around the states trying to find the right cow? if he doesnt start producing some pannels we will come up there and rough him up for you. lol

[cl[cl Thanks, a little attitude adjustment I call it.:D Actually I just got it in today and it'll be done tomorrow ! I'll post pics then. What's going on is the nice weather and summer around the corner has brought out all the guys with their boats to get new tops, etc. and my guy does a lot of 'em.......

Upholstery done ! :D In a couple days I'll break it all down and start into the paint work on the frame then onto the body work and paint.

Attachments

• june 10 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    june 10 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 176
  • june 10 11 golf cart 006.jpg
    june 10 11 golf cart 006.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 152
  • june 10 11 golf cart 007.jpg
    june 10 11 golf cart 007.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 144
That is sooo sooo cool. I love it. I wonder though with the rear tires so much bigger than those of the original golf cart, what did that do to the acceleration? Obviously the top speed would be a lot greater. How does it drive and handle at the higher speed?

It looks so nice in bare metal. And it shows the beautiful fabrication you did. An amazing piece of work, zz.
Now for the bad...it has stimulated an idea for another project for me. I was planning on retiring from rod building.

looks very nice zz! cant wait to see it finished up..

Bob.. your not allowed to retire from rod building we wont let you...

It looks so nice in bare metal. And it shows the beautiful fabrication you did. An amazing piece of work, zz.
Now for the bad...it has stimulated an idea for another project for me. I was planning on retiring from rod building.

Ha, Ha, like Corpo sez, there is no retiring from rod building, only temporary distractions. You've got some fine projects on the go already and we need to steal more ideas from you yet :D.

That is sooo sooo cool. I love it. I wonder though with the rear tires so much bigger than those of the original golf cart, what did that do to the acceleration? Obviously the top speed would be a lot greater. How does it drive and handle at the higher speed?

You know, I can't really tell the difference in the acceleration though it does seem to have a bit higher top speed (18 mph instead of 15 - Woo Hoo!) Handling is improved - or at least it seems like it, being lower and longer than the stock Club car, also having doors makes me a little more daring in the turns.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't normally use this pre-pressed pleated vinyl upholstery, but for this Kart, it's a good thing 'cause sooner or later, it will get rained on and with no sewn seams, water won't get thru into the seat foam so less soggy bum syndrome ;).

Attachments

• june 10 11 golf cart 008.jpg
    june 10 11 golf cart 008.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 99
  • june 10 11 golf cart 010.jpg
    june 10 11 golf cart 010.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 77
LOVE IT!!

I have to admit I was a little worried about the height of the top, but the proportions look great!! Keep us posted!!!! PLease!

If this was a real car I'd probably have made the top way lower :rolleyes: - but I have to keep focused on the fact that it's just a golf cart, so you're sitting on top of the batteries instead of layed out and it needs to be easy to get in and out of too (I'm not as limber as I was in the 70's). Soooo, compromises must be made to balance style and function while trying not to make it too hideous.

Shoved the Caddy outside for a bit and disassembled the cart to get ready for paint - wow, I didn't know there was so many pieces 'till I took it apart, I might need instructions to put 'er back together [S

Attachments

• 16 06 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    16 06 11 golf cart 001.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 16 06 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    16 06 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 72
4/26/11??? Really??? Not even 2 months??? I don't even know what to say besides I admire your talent and you've done a fantastic job so far. I can't wait to see it in paint, and at your pace I don't imagine I'll have to wait very long.

If this was a real car I'd probably have made the top way lower :rolleyes: - but I have to keep focused on the fact that it's just a golf cart, so you're sitting on top of the batteries instead of layed out and it needs to be easy to get in and out of too (I'm not as limber as I was in the 70's). Soooo, compromises must be made to balance style and function while trying not to make it too hideous.

I hear what you're saying, and I think it looks great!!! Don't think you could have done it any better!!

I don't know what it would cost to build this but you could build and charge whatever you wanted and people would pay it. Outstanding.

jim

Thanks !! After totaling receipts up I had to sit down for a bit....... big items were cost for the ginea pig donor cart, wheels and tires and paint and associated thinners, hardner, primers etc. - body shop supplies are pricey !!:eek:

Today I got the frame and and other non-body parts epoxy primed. I made some changes to the frame first - added a 1x2 stiffening rib to the bottom of both framerails, they were a little too springy and it was causing problems with door alignment - I did this before disassembly and it cured the problem. Also I sectioned 1" out of the rear frame kickup - the car sat a bit low in the rear so this will fix that and also have the effect of lowering the box by 1" in relation to the body tub, improving the side profile (hopefully).

Attachments

• june 18 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    june 18 11 golf cart 003.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 70
  • june 18 11 golf cart 002.jpg
    june 18 11 golf cart 002.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 63

Latest posts

Back