1937 Ford Pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm not sure about the year span exactly, but several years doors will interchange. The belt lines just don't match. So If you find some 38/39 doors for donor bottoms, you can send me the belt line ribs. :D

i'm not sure about the year span exactly, but several years doors will interchange. The belt lines just don't match. So If you find some 38/39 doors for donor bottoms, you can send me the belt line ribs. :D

Will do Skip. If come across any I'll let you know. I need 35-37 though.

I agree whole heartily that door hinges are a pain in the buttt. Not to mention time consuming. Looks like you got it going your way tho. [cl[cl:cool::cool:
Stay after it.

35 to 37 doors are inter-changeable, but Skip has a point, newer doors probably have the same bottom, although the beltline reveal and the window surround won't work for you.
That said, I remember seeing an ad for new, replacement 35-37 door bottoms somewhere, after I had patched mine all up.
Isn't building a hotrod fun?
Keep on tinkering.

Thanks guys. I don't think anything newer will work. the bottoms of the 37 door is curved and the 38 and up is flat. I called everyone I could find on the internet. One place told me that the place that made the went out of business and the dies were scraped. Oh well I'll do my best making them myself. I ordered the outer panel tonight. I got the pins out of the passenger door. They would not move at first. I used the heat and quench with a rag soaked in cold water trick and they came right out. I guess the first set wasn't a fluke. Thanks for checking in on me.

I got the passenger door hinges welded up and drilled to size. I started the patch panel for the drivers door. I will be taking it off and back on while I rebuild the inner structure at the front of the door and rebuilding the bottom of the inner door panel. It is held together with clecos so I can put it back in the same place each time. Back to work on it tomorrow.[;)

Attachments

• DSC01431.JPG
    DSC01431.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC01429.JPG
    DSC01429.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC01430.JPG
    DSC01430.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 26
Thanks guys. Not much done today. Welded a c channel in the door to get it to hold it's shape. I bent it in the brake and shrunk the legs with my cousins shrinker in order to get the proper arch, plug welded it to the outer panel just above the flange In the good part of the door. Hope this makes sense.[;)

Been a little slow on the truck lately. I did start making the pieces for bottom of the inside of the drivers door. I had to make the patches in two parts so far. the piece that goes against the outer skin has sort of a compound curve, it is bent on a roughly 75 degree angle. Then one leg has to be stretched and the other shrunk. The piece that goes on the inside is also bent on the same angle and then shrunk on only one leg to match the curve on the bottom of the door. I will try to cut the with a half inch of over lap and then flange one of the pieces and join them together. I think this will work. I will try to get pics when I get a little further along and have some more time. Right now I'm working on divorce crap and taking on a little more side work for some extra cash. I need to buy out the soon to be EX wife. I have to give her twice what Paid to build the place 25 years ago. Thanks for checking in and putting up with me.[;)[;)

Latest posts

Back