59 Willy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mks122

Well go my roof chopped at 4" and is coming along. Taking the body off the chasis next to start on frame.[;) Does it matter what you do first? I just had to chop the roof first, it was a good motivator!! I want to get the body off so I can drop the engine in and fix brakes and front axle!! Dropping the suspension instead of channeling, I'm to tall!! YAY RAT RODS!!

Attachments

• 4in chop.jpg
    4in chop.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 43
A lot of guys want the body on the frame before they chop it, so it is less likely to move around on them. I like to chop mine first, because it is easier to get around it, and turn it over, or what ever you need, while you are chopping it. Plus I can see where the build is going much better.
Good job on yours! Looks good.

That was my thoughts Bonehead and Thanks!! I have to make some patch panels and I thought that would be easier off the frame. A little by little...I am shooting for the end of spring to start of summer with my schedule willing![;)[;)

Looks good, I choped and canneled mine and removed about 3" from the bottom of the shell and doors.

I didn't chop the windshield though.

018.jpg

Latest posts

Back