Not your father's Nomad

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarat

Yep...here it is again. Lives nearby. I Couldn't resist. Nice guy, says his neighbor did it for him

I report, you decide.

Attachments

• IMG_1163.JPG
    IMG_1163.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1162.jpg
    IMG_1162.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 60
Not my thing either. I drove one of those arks one time to pick up some one at the airport. It was the boss' car. One of the biggest cars I every drove. Definitely the widest. Jim

I like it.:eek::D :D
Give me 2 weeks with that car as it is and I'd change all your minds.
[;) [;) [;):D :D :cool: :cool:
JMHO
Torchie

I don't doubt that for a minute Torchie.
I think the worst part about the whole thing is the head lights. Change that and just call it better and done.

For some reason, I don't doubt you one bit.

I don't doubt that for a minute Torchie.
I think the worst part about the whole thing is the head lights. Change that and just call it better and done.

LOL.
So now my gears are grinding.
First thing.
Loose all the fake wood grain.
Fill in the rear lower hatch(Get rid of the plate) and put some vertical chrome strips on it ala Nomad.
Come up with a side trim that mimics the 57 Chevy panels. Even original 57 Chevys look dorking with out it.
Change out the mirrors or not. Maybe just use those but chrome.
Do some thing about the head lights and grill. Perhaps graft on a set of older style dual headlights. Then a tube style grill to be determined by the head lights.
Loose the front bumper and do a modified 57 front like the rear.Or a 59 Chevy single bar chrome front bumper.
Tu tone paint. Something vintage looking like a off white roof with a turquoise body.
Drive it and have fun listening to people tell you that their Dad had one just like it.:eek::p [ddd
JMHO.
Torchie

Not sure why I posted this in the BS forum
It sounds like you are on to something

Fill in the back doors make it a two door etc

Last edited:
A good idea as well.
The possibilities are all there. All it needs is some one to do it.
It could be a fun ride got somebody.
Torchie

Or, why not spend that much time, money and work, on a car that has some potential and end up with a really cool car.
I'm not buying your sales pitch.

I’m not selling a thing Mac.
Just playing Devils advocate.😜
I don’t disagree with you, though where I live vintage stuff brigs a premium price if you can even find it.
If it gets someone into working on cars. I say go for it.
Your favorite used car salesmen....
Torchie

Last edited:
I don't mean to start no fights and I don't doubt Torchie could do some fine improvements but the only thing I ever liked about those long roofs (we called them "ships") was the fact that they gave you plenty of room for a midnight rodeo with your woman of choice on Friday night...:eek::rolleyes::D

I had the Caprice version, a beater to help develop a property in north Florida. Was cheaper than buying a pickup truck and that thing had the 350 with posi and it used absolutely no oil with 180k I got great use out of it from hauling lumber to 250 feet of sewer pvc .

I had the Caprice version, a beater to help develop a property in north Florida. Was cheaper than buying a pickup truck and that thing had the 350 with posi and it used absolutely no oil with 180k I got great use out of it from hauling lumber to 250 feet of sewer pvc .

They are great haulers.
I have a soft spot for wagons which you may have been able to notice by my remarks.
I stated to drive and by them back in the 70’s before they were considered cool.
56 Olds.
57 Chevy
73 Plymouth Fury( Talk about a boat)
62 Ford Country Squire
89 Mercury Grand Marquise.
All great vehicles.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back