Shelby fakes wheelie photo for new model!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happened upon a Ray Fahrner (Boothill Express, among others) foto shoot back in Mo many many years ago. This was that silver single rib tractor tires in the front Jaguar engined thing. So he puts a dummy 6-71 on top of the overhead cams and hangs a black construction paper drive belt on it. He tells the pro photographer from HRM "this will make 'em sit up and take notice in California" I never understand why he would do that unless he just had a great sense of humor and didn't take himself too seriously :D

950 HP is way more than enough grunt to pull the front hoops of that car off of terra firma if propper traction and suspension setup are factored in. You would think with the credentials that Mustang carries, fake wheelie photos would not be necessary. Of course, everything must be portrayed as "extreme" in this modern world we live in.

The sad part about this is for every 1 guy that can pick that out as a fake. A 1000 are going WOW look at that power. Frankly I find that more disturbing.

Anything to sell cars.....

Like a lot of corporations....they believe all the american public are dummies and will buy anything they hype....sad...truly sad...maybe it might make them think it out the next time....

But even bad publicity is publicity and in this case free publicity. Maybe the photoshoping was botched on purpose:confused:

Latest posts

Back