New Bead Roller Stand

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratrod85

Built a new stand for our bead roller at the shop, think it turned out pretty good.

IMG_20120730_192435.jpg

We have a Mittler brothers 24" powered bead roller to mount on it, it works very nice, only mod we made was to bolt it to the floor so it does not wobble.

I was telling my Son today about this mount you made and how I like it. Ours is on a rolling cart and we feel it is too low to use easily, so we are going to do something along the lines of what you have built here. Ours is an electric ProTools 24 incher, and we like it and would probably use it more if it were mounted higher. Good idea you had there.

I saw something on the other forum that also I want to build. A guy made a clamp on guide out of angle iron that he can move along the lower tubing part of the bead roller. It sure looks like it helps to make straight beads.

Don

Thanks! Having the bead roller mounted up high is a huge benefit, it allows you to site down the piece and keep things nice and straight. The stand height is around 42"

That is what we are thinking. Right now ours is sort of low and when you feed the sheetmetal through it you are bent over, and maybe pulling the sheet one way or the other.

Don

Latest posts

Back