What to make

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gold03

He lives in an "Altered State"!
I have a large oxygen bottle that no one will fill and is going for scrap. I have a hard time throwing it in the scrap bin. I thought of a couple of thins like a roll anvil or slip roll. I could use the bottom dished part as a metal forming "stump". Additional compressed air storage for my air compressor. A very large cow bell... Small BBQ.

let me know any ideas you might have.

Gold03

Large tank???????

Bowling ball cannon // Mortar... CUT THE BOTTOM OFF... Take the valve off plug it drill a 1/8" hole for a fuse, fab up a stand, a couple of ounces of black powder and a bowling ball and stand back..... OH HAVE about a mile range (DON'T DO THIS IN YOUR BACK YARD) This makes everyone smile... Google Bowling ball cannons and watch them on youtube Loads of fun.....[ddd

Last edited:
As to why they won't fill it. That wasn't entirely accurate. I have to have an account for $80.00 a year to get it filled. I preferred to buy a bottle with no account. Suppliers will not fill each others bottles here. The supplier of this particular bottle wants the $80.00 a year to fill it. I won't fill it often enough to make the account worth while. I might use a bottle every five years. I bought one for $350.00 no account needed.

Gold03

As to why they won't fill it. That wasn't entirely accurate. I have to have an account for $80.00 a year to get it filled. I preferred to buy a bottle with no account. Suppliers will not fill each others bottles here. The supplier of this particular bottle wants the $80.00 a year to fill it. I won't fill it often enough to make the account worth while. I might use a bottle every five years. I bought one for $350.00 no account needed.

SO, you bought one for $350 so you wouldn't have to pay $80? [S

Zipper

I've used them for extra air storage in the garage/shop, used for airbags, and a friend of mine who was into 4x4s would add an engine driven compressor to his trucks and mount a couple tanks so he'd have air available in case they needed to fix a tire or something.

Well I found a use for the old oxygen bottle. I cut a section out and it makes a perfect bench stand for working on a Toyota differential pig! Just drops right in and makes adjusting the backlash easy.

gold03

Makes cense

I got rid of mine also they charged to much each year for rent, now they get nothing, just what they deserve....My propane supplier did the same to me, then I bought my own tank from another Honest supplier, and I pay no monthly rip off rents...

Last edited:
O2 bottle

Saw the upper 1/3 off in a power hack saw, they make a wonderful bell. Trim
more as needed to tune it,lol.

Bowling ball cannon // Mortar... CUT THE BOTTOM OFF... Take the valve off plug it drill a 1/8" hole for a fuse, fab up a stand, a couple of ounces of black powder and a bowling ball and stand back..... OH HAVE about a mile range (DON'T DO THIS IN YOUR BACK YARD) This makes everyone smile... Google Bowling ball cannons and watch them on youtube Loads of fun.....[ddd

I like this idea the best....

Latest posts

Back