Anyone use Nitrous?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

von-zipper

Anyone use the fog on a regular basis on the street? Just wondering of it's really just playing with fire?

Zipper

Yep, used too use it every Saturday night.
300 hp shot, 1 bottle 2 to 3 runs $30.00 and would fill my own bottles from a 250 cu ft bottle. $150.00
It's a freakin blast.

No thanks......

Generally prefer to try and do it all with motor........
I'm with ya on all motor with one exception.
I can go from 621 hp on 91 octane pump gas (motor only) and from 771 to around 1050 hp on a 91 octane pump gas engine with a 1 gal. tank of 110 to 114, for the nitrous and a 450 Big Shot nitrous plate.
On motor you have to run at least 12 to 1 compression or higher and run 110 to 114 octane all the time at $6, $7, $8 gallon.
You are limited to the hp the engine produces and have to carry your on supply of fuel. I can drive coast to coast on the 91 pump gas and only use the NOS if I want or need to.
Blowers and turbos are not all motor either.
I know this is gonna rouse the blower and turbo crowd to a challenge [ddd

TigerinWoods.jpg

IMG_0909Medium.jpg

I had a 79 Trans Am with a 403 Olds engine that was built pretty good by p.o. Had a plate system with 125 h.p. Neither of us ever had the car down the strip but it was fun playing around with it on back roads. Never had any issues at all.

The car looks great but if are going to race take it to the track. I ran a couple of different big block Chevies on nitrous. One was a streetable engine with a big shot plate at 300hp, it took 2 seconds off my 1/4 mile et. The other engine was built to run outlaw 10.5 limited street and used a fogger. The plate hits harder than the fogger but the fogger is more tune able and easier on your engine since it will not pull a full intake charge in like a plate kit does. IMHO

Just as I was getting over the last time I saw this car.

I'm with ya on all motor with one exception.
I can go from 621 hp on 91 octane pump gas (motor only) and from 771 to around 1050 hp on a 91 octane pump gas engine with a 1 gal. tank of 110 to 114, for the nitrous and a 450 Big Shot nitrous plate.
On motor you have to run at least 12 to 1 compression or higher and run 110 to 114 octane all the time at $6, $7, $8 gallon.
You are limited to the hp the engine produces and have to carry your on supply of fuel. I can drive coast to coast on the 91 pump gas and only use the NOS if I want or need to.
Blowers and turbos are not all motor either.
I know this is gonna rouse the blower and turbo crowd to a challenge [ddd

TigerinWoods.jpg

IMG_0909Medium.jpg

You throw it in my face..:(..that indian rocks..:)...I bow to the Goat...and applaud the onwer....[cl

Latest posts

Back