Front Disks

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the reverend muddy grimes

Brother Binder
Years ago I had a 73 Duster. Drum brakes all around. Replaced the rear end with one out of a Lincoln so I had disk. The front, I used Dodge Aspen spindles to get disk brakes. I'm cheap, but this is a safety part, so it has to be done right.
I just got a new rear end for the 55 Desoto. Now I am wondering what front spindles I can use to disk brake the front end because the conversion kits START at $600

Change out your ancient 1955-56 front drums with 3 bolt 11" drum spindles for affordable disc with our CNC laser cut brackets. These cold-rolled steel adapters and new custom hubs bolt straight on to your drum spindles. You will not need to reuse your drum hubs. This setup uses 1999-2006 Jeep Wrangler rotors and 1990 Chevrolet front calipers, which do not require any realignment or tapping/machining of the spindle. They will also easily clear the stock wheels.

This is their ad. There is a bearing shop in town, and I can get those parts cheap. Maybe the way to go

Latest posts

Back