Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That reminds me of a weird deal I had with a customer's computer. It was in a case designed to lay flat, and they had it on a shelf under the front counter. They had stuffed the power strip up on top of the computer case, but the wireless mouse was acting up, not responding at all, or delaying movement. I moved the electrical wires out of the path of the wireless communication, and it began to work correctly. So yeah, there's definitely electricity leaks, and with a welder you're talking a great deal more than just 110 AC.

I'm not even supposed to put my cell phone in the breast pocket of my shirt on the side that the PM is located. And I am supposed to use the ear farthest from the PM side as well which is blessedly the one ear that still partially works...[ddd
Always something new........:D
Torchie

Keep up with the recovery advice and get well soon. From what I've seen you do, I know you will find a way to finish it. You are an inspiration to all of us.

cool%20thumbs%20up%20smiley_zpsiwyabbzz.gif

I had my one week follow up Pace maker visit today.
All is well.:)
I had a very good tech who was about my age with 30 plus years experience and we talked about using the mig welder. He said that once I was off restrictions to use it. He said the Drs and the PM company will always tell you not to due to liability issues.
He said that as long as I am aware and watch for any problems I would be ok. It's not going to cause the PM to short circuit or cause me to pass out. It might make me light headed.
If this works out it will be great as I can't really afford the expense of switching over to gas right now. Plus gas welding is also just a lot slower(And I'm slow enough already.)[ddd
So we shall see. As I said earlier. It may end up being a combination of both.
Torchie

Great news on the followup Torchie :) Did they lay the device over top of it and read it? They did with me, and tested it....NOT a nice feeling! Thankfully she warned me before she did. For a split second there, I thought I was on the way out again.

I hope I didn't stick my nose in where it didn't belong. Welding was one of my first questions post op, and I'm nervous about striking my first arc.....my restrictions are lifted as of next week, so once I grow the stones to try it, I'll let you know.

Great news on the followup Torchie :) Did they lay the device over top of it and read it? They did with me, and tested it....NOT a nice feeling! Thankfully she warned me before she did. For a split second there, I thought I was on the way out again.

I hope I didn't stick my nose in where it didn't belong. Welding was one of my first questions post op, and I'm nervous about striking my first arc.....my restrictions are lifted as of next week, so once I grow the stones to try it, I'll let you know.

Yes they did BiilM.:eek: I knew what to expect as I went thru this with my mom when I was taking care of her. So no surprises. But it is kind of like one of those freak flicks where the Vampire reaches into your chest and grabs a hold of your heart.[P :eek: [ddd

No worries about sticking in your nose.:D These were all question I had asked prior to the procedure, but this guy was the first to tell me to try it, as everyone else gave me the same boiler plate legal CTA(Cover their a@#)info you got. So he's either right or He's the only one telling me what I want to hear.[ddd :D :p
I'm going easy for now and will continue to do so. I have my second follow up in a month and we will see where I'm at then.
I am really antsy to get back to being able to exercise as I know that when not active I loose ground quickly.
Don't be in a rush. Wait till you are ready and maybe have some one there with you.
Torchie

You guys will be like the magician that told his assistant he had a new trick and for her to hit him in the head with a sledge hammer. A week later he regained consciousness, jumped up and said TADA [ddd

n an effort to keep this moving forward stopped by my local welding shop to check on tanks leases.
$78.00 a year for both tanks. Refill will be dependent on market price of course. And since I am nearby they will pick up and deliver for no extra charge.
While out I stopped and looked at this one.:D
It has a lot of roof line/gutter/upper window frame area rust out. So that would require either a donor car or some serious fab work. I did not call to find out about the price........Yet.[ddd
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 30

It does look like there is enough car left to make an el Camino. Maybe even one with an opening back window. But, no hardtop without a really expensive donor. :D

You would need to find a donor Nomad to make one look like that hans....:eek:

This one is in pretty bad shape Skip. It did look to have a complete interior though so the fold down back seat was still there and it has a title.
I couldn't get on the ground to take a look at the frame but I would be surprised if that didn't have issues as well.
If I get real bored I may call them.
Torchie

I see a pattern forming...

LOL.
No worries Good Dr.
I don't have the funds for yet another project. lol
That said. I have been stopping to look at old cars for sale by the side of the road since I was young enough to convince whom ever was driving to do so.
Old habits are the hardest to break.[ddd :cool: [cl
Torchie

nice handyman wagon torchie! I looked at one a few years ago and still have the pictures I look at wistfully once in a while. [P

glad you are still around to tell us about it!

LOL.
No worries Good Dr.
I don't have the funds for yet another project. lol
That said. I have been stopping to look at old cars for sale by the side of the road since I was young enough to convince whom ever was driving to do so.
Old habits are the hardest to break.[ddd :cool: [cl
Torchie

This reminds me of one of my last visits with my Dad before Alzheimer's has in some ways already taken him from me. We were driving through Cleveland, Oklahoma, and he stopped at a salvage, and we both went in opposite directions, getting as many photos as we could in the time we could take, considering that my wife and my mom were both along, waiting in the car.

This reminds me of one of my last visits with my Dad before Alzheimer's has in some ways already taken him from me. We were driving through Cleveland, Oklahoma, and he stopped at a salvage, and we both went in opposite directions, getting as many photos as we could in the time we could take, considering that my wife and my mom were both along, waiting in the car.

^^^^^:) :cool: :) ^^^^^^^
Torchie

Latest posts

Back