What was your first car?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

von-zipper

My first was a '51 3 window Chev pickup! Loved the beast, it was a 6 banger that had the starter button on the floor next to the gas petal. :D

Zipper

1967 Mustang, 170 cu in 6 six cylinder C4 auto, no power accessories or power in the motor.:D Kept it about a year, traded it for a loaded 1967 Mustang with a 289 with plenty of power!

Had a white 1964 VW bug my dad bought for me, $500. Drove the wheels off that car and would love to have it back now! [dr

Beercan

My first was a crappy multi-colored '48 Chev 3-window pickup that I drove a few years until I found a beautiful fire engine red '52 5-window. Really loved the '52 & drove it *eveywhere*!!!

BoB

48 Olds more door. Didn't run. That is why my dad gave it to me. I took it apart and scattered it all over the yard. I was 10 years old. The rest is history.

28 cabreolet $15, age 14. The pic was 2 years later. Traded cor 2 40's, made 1 driver.
Can't get the 40 to post from my phone try later from comp.

Attachments

• Roadster 001.jpg
    Roadster 001.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 18
'62 Studebaker Lark. Bought it a forrest service auction for $125.
Supposed to have rod out of the engine but turned out to be a bad u-joint and bent driveshaft. It had a 289 three speed manual tranny and was quite the little sleeper.

Cheapest car I ever owned and drove the thing to death twice.

'62 Studebaker Lark. Bought it a forrest service auction for $125.
Supposed to have rod out of the engine but turned out to be a bad u-joint and bent driveshaft. It had a 289 three speed manual tranny and was quite the little sleeper.

Cheapest car I ever owned and drove the thing to death twice.

Heheh! Friend had a little white one in high school. Ran good too! Was quite a sleeper that surprised a bunch of folks.

Hand-me-down '64 Falcon Sprint V8. Dad didn't want to wait for the Mustang, so bought the next best thing. 5 years later it was mine! Drove the snot out of it! :D

64FalconSprint_zpss7kmi88h.jpg

Well, it depends on if you mean the first car I actually owned or the first car I was able to drive when I turned 16. My first car, when I was 11, was a 32 Ford 5 window coupe, I got it for Christmas that year. After a couple of months my Dad thought I should have a better, running car, so he bought me a 1950 Willys Jeepster...........I cried because I wanted the Deuce back ! :(

But my first driving car was a 57 VW Beetle. I tried every way in the world to kill that car so my Mom would buy me a cool car, but that darned thing would not die. A year later I did get a Bugeye Sprite though, so that was better. :D

Don

I had three IH pickups before I got my drivers license but the summer I got my license (1974) I bought this '66 Skylark for $350. Got it from a local school teacher who had bought it new. It had the "375 Wildcat" (340 CI) with a two speed auto. Buick's Wildcat numbers were the ft. lbs. of torque.....so yes it was a tire burner! [ddd:cool:

Had the car about six months and my Dad wanted to trade for a new Impala but didn't want to give up his truck ( "71 GMC in the background) so he traded with me and then traded the Buick in on the Impala.
I drove the GMC for two years and traded it in on the first and only new vehicle I've ever owned, a "76 Chevy pickup.

Latest posts

Back