Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love that first pic Torchie! Leaves haven't started turning much down here yet, except the ones that turned black and fell off due to the drought.

beautiful fab work!

Thanks,joe.
Scant progress as Mrs Torchie developed an infection in one of the artery harvest sites. A few worrisome days over the weekend but it's much improved now.
I did give the new panel patch and the area behind it a coat of por 15 type stuff.
Looking to get this final trimmed and welded in soon.
They are forecasting snow for us by this time next week and the the temps are really getting cooler here.
Keeping on......
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 24
That's looking good Torchie. Sorry to hear about Mrs. T, - life sure likes to challenge you two doesn't it?

LOL. It seems like that at times, Bill. But I look around and see that there are people far worse off then us and we appreciate everything we have ,everyday. Things are on the upswing as Mrs T drove herself to her Drs appt and her cardio rehab this morning. And did a full round of rehab. Keep on keeping on.

Looks great! POR-15 is some killer stuff; just don't get it on your skin cause it ain't coming off.

The only time I wear gloves while working on stuff is when using this as well as the Epoxy I use for laminating, falconvan. The epoxy is a good way to disguise your finger prints.:eek: [ddd [cl
Torchie

Worked both sides of the shop today. First the boat. Then the Dodge.
Tacked into place.
[;) [;) [;) [;) [;)
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 23
Time to hibernate....

As much as I regret this it's time to tuck the Dodge away for the winter.
I'm going to shoot epoxy over the bare metal. Stick it back on it's frame and park it outside for the winter.
I can't leave my daily out all winter like I did last year. Having to shovel it off every time it snows is just to hard on me.
To that end I cut away the extra bracing so i can put the doors and trunk lid back on and dropped it back down onto the wheel carts.
Hopefully epoxy later this week and back on the frame and outside by the weekend.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 29
I was gonna suggest one of those portable carports to park the daily under, but then realized it might not take the snow loads you guys get.:(

I was gonna suggest one of those portable carports to park the daily under, but then realized it might not take the snow loads you guys get.:(

Most likely not, Bama. I did have one over my Thompson boat project for one winter but the wind came and knocked it down on top of the boat. And it sat that way all winter.:eek:
The other issue is that I really can't walk in the snow with the fake leg as it's a recipe for a fall so the daily really needs to be in the shop, attached to the house for me to be safe..
Now I'll have all winter to get excited about working on it again in the spring.:D
Torchie

Those cloth garages don't last around here either, Torchie.

A break this winter might be just what the doctor orders for you and Mrs. Torchie. You can stay involved through the power of the keyboard.

Sorry to see this put on the back burner. You and ZZrodder. keep us in suspense all winter. It's best to take a break and get you daily in the garage. I have to keep my truck in the shop in the winter because I'm on call for the snow and ice. It cuts down on what little room there is to work. We will be waiting impatiently.[P[P[P

Thanks for all the positive comments gang. It helps.
I will still have some time to do a few more things on the boat project before winter really gets here so that's something.
Just came in from the shop getting things ready to spray tomorrow. Temps won't be ideal so I will have to blow some heat in there as well.The weather as we get farther into the week is looking worse so it's now or never.
Going to be a long day and evening monitering things tomorrow.
Pics to follow.
Torchie

Well. It's gray....

....or is it Grey????
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 30
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 29