'34 Dodge Brothers, double build.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the applause, guys.
The Grapes of Wrath people asked if it would be OK if they put the truck in some publicity shots. I nodded, but didn't expect much. Now this truck is on Facebook and fame and fortune is looming near me.

You're not that far off my dream, Smallfoot. I'll tinker it up a wee bit more, though.
Torchie, although Elvis and I have some similarities, my kind of fame and fortune is partly watered down from his. I'll end up still O.K..

Looking good Mac, how long until you get it back?

Besides becoming famous and feeling good for helping out the arts, are they giving you any compensation for use of the vehicle and time you spent preparing it? Just curious ��

Looking good Mac, how long until you get it back?

Besides becoming famous and feeling good for helping out the arts, are they giving you any compensation for use of the vehicle and time you spent preparing it? Just curious ��

If they are like most regional theatre groups calling their production budget "Shoe string" would be a compliment.. :eek: [ddd
Torchie

Good Luck!

Might keep an eye on them. I did the same thing for the college I teach at with my 1969 Triumph T-100 all was going well until one of the actors decided to tried and ride:eek:
Not a lot of damage. They didn't offer any thing for the use but they did pay for the damage, less labor :p

Thanks Snopro, I should get it back early in December as the play ends at the end of November. They offered us some tickets so we took some for a few more couples and us. But, as Torchie says they haven't evolved up to a 'shoe-string' budget yet. This is a fund raiser for the Folk Festival that we have in the summer up here.

Smallfoot, you thought it needed a motor; well I agree with you. Here's a Poly 318 with three deuces not on there yet, and a New Process 435; and a 354 Hemi to stuff into this beast.

Attachments

• IMG_1669.jpg
    IMG_1669.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1978 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1978 - Copy.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 29
I happen to really like Mopar engines, Torchie, so that's why I get to have so many.

A couple of days ago I got invited to help moving the Dodge from the practicing warehouse to the movie set, [I mean the theatre stage]. How hard could that be, right! Well, they had made a caster-dolly and slid it under the truck. It could turn around on a dime, but it wouldn't go up my ramps, so we had to lift the truck up and roll the dolly out. [Picture one] Then I winched the truck on the trailer and loaded the engine hoist and dolly, and headed for the theatre. There were big double doors in the side of the theatre, good. [If you guys like happy endings, you better quit reading right here.] There was no road to the doors, in fact it was lawn with children's play hoops cemented in, about 10 feet in front of the doors. When we opened the big doors there was the side of the stage about ten feet inside and four feet high. The director of the play had found some ramps to load stuff on a highboy I think, so he placed them up to the stage. They were steep. What now! We stood around scratching our heads and looking at the other guy. Finally I said, "I'll take the winch off my trailer and we'll mount it in the middle of the stage and winch the truck up those ramps." We started winching even though the truck wasn't lined up with the doors because of the play equipment right outside, then three of us went around the back and skidded the back end of the truck sideways so it too could go through the doors. The winching went pretty good until the front wheels started going level on the stage and the back wheels were two feet lower on the ramps. Everything dragged. We finally made it, though, and then we had to raise the truck again on stage and roll the dolly underneath. This seemed like 'the day from heck'.

Attachments

• Flying Dodge.jpg
    Flying Dodge.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 37
Not much sweatin' that day. It was -20*C or -5*F that morning, but it warmed up in the afternoon for a while.
I imagine that we are all 'problem solvers' or we wouldn't be hotrod builders. The producer of the Grapes of Wrath was there helping all day and I'm impressed at his practicality and problem solving skills even though he's an artist too. When we got to the theatre there was an electrician installing the lights. He came and helped, and he was also dang handy.
So with all the qualified help, that 'impossible day' turned out to be only the 'day from heck'.

It's a lot of fun following along with your story.[cl You can get it out of there "Dukes of Hazard" style.:D

Latest posts

Back