todays metal project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks very nice, Mr. Cornfield. I wish you were in my neighborhood. Everything I own would be full of louvers.

i bought the louver die kit form lowbuck tools but had to re work everything to make it what i wanted. if i could go back i would have just built everything myself

louverpress.jpg

yea i am sure you talked to me, bob (tin man)and me were good buddies.

you can get the dies off line through i re worked mine a lot to get good results that i was happy with. they were through low buck tools

ok thanks and yes i new tin man from the car show and he was a very nice and helpful guy. if you remember i was the one asking about a window frame for a 32 ford coupe haha i no its been awhile.

but ill look into low buck tools. i work in a sheet metal/machine shop so its easy for me to mod stuff and build stuff :)

been a while since i updated this thread so i thought i would throw up a few from the other day. under hood cover panels for an OT project. they were made with the bead roller out of 20 gauge sheet steel

DSCN4605.jpg

DSCN4604.jpg

DSCN4600.jpg

Nice Video. Looks like an quilted bed sheet or diamond pattened seats in some of the older cars. Bet that`s a lot easier on a powered bead roller than on a hand cranked one like mine cause I always run stuff off the line!

over the past couple days i punched 136 louvers in a mustang hood, cut and dimpled 2in holes in a 31 model a visor, and made a transmission cover for a 49 chevy truck
DSCN4629.jpg

DSCN4634.jpg

DSCN4635.jpg

DSCN4627.jpg

DSCN4628.jpg

Latest posts

Back