TiredIronGRB's '30 Model A Coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I'm not going back with a rumble seat I started fabbing up a trunk divider to sturdy up the body. Also cut out the sub rail where it was broked and broke up some replacement sections.

30_Model_A_36.jpg

30_Model_A_37.jpg

30_Model_A_38.jpg

30_Model_A_40.jpg

Haven't decided yet, I'm working on a deal for a complete drivetrain out of a '40 Ford that was recently restored and everything is rebuilt with less than a 1,000 miles on it. So it's either go old, old school with the flatty and tall or a old school 283 and a 4" trim.

Haven't decided yet, I'm working on a deal for a complete drivetrain out of a '40 Ford that was recently restored and everything is rebuilt with less than a 1,000 miles on it. So it's either go old, old school with the flatty and tall or a old school 283 and a 4" trim.

That drive line sounds really cool, but the coupe will be awesome either way.

gonna be nice no matter which way you go..i'd say it would be a tuff decision on which way to go on the chop/not chopped ....awaiting new updates...[P

I looked up a old Ford guy close to me who had recently tore apart a '40 Ford pickup to Street Rod. The truck was completely restored a few years ago so the engine, transmission, front and rear axle where rebuilt. Will change out the front axle with a 4" dropped axle and go with a Posies spring.

I'm also getting everything he pulled off the truck including a nice little heater, a repro wiring harness, all mounts, cross members, bolts and brackets. So in one deal I got most of what I needed.

Parts_01.jpg

Parts_03.jpg

Parts_04.jpg

Parts_05.jpg

Parts_06.jpg

The deal on the parts fell through so I'm going with a mid '60s build with a 283 PowerPack that is original from carb to pan and a 9" rear. The last few weeks I've been working on the body fixing stress cracks and installing patch panels, rebuilding the brakes and spindles from the '46 chassis. This weekend I started on the frame as I was a little burnt out on body work.

30_Model_A_58.jpg

30_Model_A_67.jpg

30_Model_A_68.jpg

Split the wishbone from the '46

30_Model_A_62.jpg

30_Model_A_69.jpg

Mocking everything up, will probably mount the radius arm mounts on the inside of the frame.

30_Model_A_75.jpg

30_Model_A_77.jpg

But of a pita on the parts, but sounds like the back up plan is comign along quickly. Can't wait to see the final product for this, you always have some cool suprises along the way.

Latest posts

Back