TiredIronGRB's '30 Model A Coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the rear suspension setup, it's nice to be able to roll it around now.

30_Model_A_136.jpg

30_Model_A_137.jpg

Picked up some Radir lugnuts and bullet centers.

30_Model_A_138.jpg

Ladder bar crossmember doubles and the trans mount.

30_Model_A_140.jpg

Set my mock up engine in and located the motor mounts, now to fit my pedals and such.

30_Model_A_141.jpg

30_Model_A_142.jpg

30_Model_A_146.jpg

You can buy secondary bases for the strombergs now that don't have air/fuel mixture screws and idle screws...they seal completely when the are shut, then you use a progressive linkage.

Love that engine......and the rest too. Does that intake have a plenum common to all the runners? My 4X2 doesn't and I have to run my carbs with straight linkage.

Got my steering mocked up, I'm using the column, wheel and box from a '40 Ford truck. It seems to work good but I don't see many people using them. I used 3/8 plate for the mount

The steering wheel has been spray bombed but is in great shape, the column had been beat up pretty bad so I replaced the bottom half with a section from a column shift column from the '46 donor chassis.

30_Model_A_170.jpg

30_Model_A_171.jpg

30_Model_A_172.jpg

30_Model_A_173.jpg

Thanks guys, that's just my mock up block...I have a 283 Power Pack I need to pull out and get ready for the 6X2 setup, it should be a decent little engine.

Been working on a dash, pretty simple design just rolled under the bottom edge. Going to use a speedometer from a '60 Impala (has high beam and signal indicator lamps), will probably go with some older SW gauges (two on each side of the speedometer).

30_Model_A_194.jpg

30_Model_A_195.jpg

30_Model_A_197.jpg

30_Model_A_198.jpg

Saw a model a coupe in a show many years ago here in Phoenix. The guages were set in a panel of hand tooled leather that covered the whole dash. It was elegant. Hand carved wood would be awesome as well. You have a lot of space there available for creative expression TI.

looking really good TI! [cl thanks for the detailed pics of this super-cool build....

i think this is among my fav. builds and really like the old-school flair...

To get my drag link at the right level I used a '48 pitman arm and added a little more bend to it.

30_Model_A_199.jpg

Got the dash cut for the speedo and started framing up the floor.

30_Model_A_201.jpg

30_Model_A_202.jpg

Cut the manged up rear crossmember and filler panel out and began squaring up the rear fenders.

30_Model_A_207.jpg

Latest posts

Back