TiredIronGRB's '30 Model A Coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my gauge holes cut tonight, filled some holes in the firewall and fabbed up a battery box.

30_Model_A_262.jpg

30_Model_A_264.jpg

30_Model_A_263.jpg

Speaking of working quickly...TI, are you the same gentelman who put Volvo portal axles in an 80 series Land Cruiser in a week? Pretty funny when 4Mogger said there was no way you could do it.

I guess he finally shelled out enough money to have someone else build his Unimog axled 4runner after 6 years or so. :-D

-Chaz

Speaking of working quickly...TI, are you the same gentelman who put Volvo portal axles in an 80 series Land Cruiser in a week? Pretty funny when 4Mogger said there was no way you could do it.

I guess he finally shelled out enough money to have someone else build his Unimog axled 4runner after 6 years or so. :-D

-Chaz

Yea, that was me...I go back every once in a while and re-read that thread...at one time that was in the top five threads on Pirate...here it is if anyone wants a good laugh, poor old 4Mogger really have to eat some crow.

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398873

This is where the "J" clamp hooks to the cowl top...

30_Model_A_265.jpg

Got the last of the throttle linkage finished.

30_Model_A_266.jpg

30_Model_A_267.jpg

Made some framing for the rear fender wells, going with a 3" notch for the spring.

30_Model_A_268.jpg

I come in here all the time, don't say much cause I'm usually speechless :eek::D
[P[P[P[P[P

You guys are funny :D I guess I do get a lot done but it's because I do something every day no matter if it's just cleaning some parts. Yesterday I started at 10:00 and worked until 8:00, never stopped to eat, drink or go to the bathroom...I kind of get tunnel vision once I get started.

Since I don't plan on running a hood I'm trying to mount as much of the electrics as I can out of the weather.

30_Model_A_269.jpg

30_Model_A_270.jpg

Now that all the electrical pieces are in place I'll start building the wiring harness.

30_Model_A_271.jpg

Picked up a nice model A steering wheel and horn button, I think I like it better than the '40 Ford wheel.

30_Model_A_284.jpg

Finished the spring notches, reinforced with 3/4" square tubing.

30_Model_A_285.jpg

Tail lights from a '46 Chevrolet.

30_Model_A_286.jpg

Finished rebuilding the carbs and buttoned up the engine.

30_Model_A_287.jpg

30_Model_A_288.jpg

Got the rumble lid latched and lockable.

30_Model_A_289.jpg

All I lack on trunk area is to skin the divider between the seat and fuel tank.

30_Model_A_290.jpg

yup! looks good. Hey I was watching you rebuild carbs while I was doing a tranny in an H2 hummer at work. [cl

Latest posts

Back