TiredIronGRB's '30 Model A Coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool hot rod! I love it. Nice to see some bodies still floating around that are not rusted into the ground like they are up here in Northern Ky. Stuff is getting hard to find that doesn't need a ton of metal work. Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see more!

looks great man, a very nice traditional rod for sure .. I will build one of those some day..

Just out of curiosity... what radiator are you running looks like one I just ordered up for my build from Dillion radiator out of MN

Yesterday I started painting the smaller parts, grill doors, dash, cowl cover and other small parts. Then painted the bottom of the body.

This is an old Cadillac emblem from a hub cap.

30_Model_A_319.jpg

30_Model_A_327.jpg

I got up early this morning and painted the body

30_Model_A_326.jpg

I had a shop full of loafers around 4:00 so we set the body on, I then started putting on pieces until about an hour ago.

30_Model_A_320.jpg

30_Model_A_322.jpg

30_Model_A_323.jpg

The fuel cell hold down is part of one of the rear fender braces.

30_Model_A_324.jpg

Keeping with the old Harley (and farm implement) color scheme I painted the garnishes and dash trim orange, with some heavy pinstriping on the olive green with orange and cream I think it will turn out nice...(different anyway).

30_Model_A_328.jpg

30_Model_A_329.jpg

30_Model_A_330.jpg

Got a little more done last night...doors on, latches and handles installed.

30_Model_A_336.jpg

30_Model_A_331.jpg

All the throttle linkage installed and working.

30_Model_A_332.jpg

30_Model_A_334.jpg

Before you start in on the radio antenna the holes were already there and I'm using a vintage Motorola AM radio.

"Before you start in on the radio antenna the holes were already there and I'm using a vintage Motorola AM radio."

And a really cool speaker if I remember correctly.

Love the colors, they fit this car great! [cl

Thanks guys...I started the wiring harness last night, I solder and heatswrink all my terminals and since I'm trying to keep this one era correct as possible I'm using the old fabric loom.

30_Model_A_338.jpg

30_Model_A_339.jpg

30_Model_A_341.jpg

Got it registered...

30_Model_A_342.jpg

These are windshield stays for a Dodge M37 Military truck, they work great on the deck lid.

30_Model_A_343.jpg

Got the seat mounted...

30_Model_A_344.jpg

I had this old cowl light laying around and though it would make a good engine light.

30_Model_A_345.jpg

Old school hose clamps...

30_Model_A_346.jpg

Got the brakes finished up...

30_Model_A_347.jpg

This is a horn from a '56 Cadillac, very loud.

30_Model_A_348.jpg

I really like these Arrow headlights, the signal lamps on top have a little red jewel as an indicator.

30_Model_A_349.jpg

30_Model_A_350.jpg

Tires

Hey this looks fantastic! I was looking over your build thread to get some ideas for my current project, and I noticed your tires. Where did you find them? I am looking for tires almost exactly like the ones you are using, and the only place I can find them from is Coker for $300 a piece. Probably going to be using a lot of what I saw here on my build, thanks for giving me somebody to look up to while I'm building mine! [;). Zach

Latest posts

Back