48 DODGE Pilot House Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That pic is damn cool Pops, the more I see it, the more I love it!

Thanks. The new camera takes really sharp, crisp pics.
Here's one of the rear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 84
He did come back but I became one of those guys that I hate.
You know the guy that says he'll sell you something then backs out?
That's me, I just couldn't do it.

When it came down to it I didn't want to spend another year or so to get
Another ride on the road and it broke my grand sons heart when I told
Him I was gonna sell it. So I didn't .
The money just didn't mean that much to me.

Hope I don't get shunned on here for being "one of those guys".

So I'm going hunting and BOB (big ole butt) the Dodge will be here when I get back!
Holy Shinola Pops, I had quit reading this post , thought you had already pulled the trigger on this great ride and only thing left was the shrapnel and gossip :(
I apologize :eek: Glad to hear ya still have it :cool:
By the way, what camera you using to take those great pix ?

Holy Shinola Pops, I had quit reading this post , thought you had already pulled the trigger on this great ride and only thing left was the shrapnel and gossip :(
I apologize :eek: Glad to hear ya still have it :cool:
By the way, what camera you using to take those great pix ?

Hey Old Iron,
Yea I came to my senses. I need to quit being such a puss and get something done on it but it's really cold when you step out the door. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I bought a Canon T5 camera that works great.

I'm going to do something productive

finally. Got a compressor and air tank for the bag system.
Been sick with the crud and haven't felt like doing much.
It's only been a month, I needed to step back from the Dodge
for a while but now its time to finish this thing.

Attachments

• IMG_1002 (1024x683).jpg
    IMG_1002 (1024x683).jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1003 (1024x683).jpg
    IMG_1003 (1024x683).jpg
    99 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1005 (1024x683).jpg
    IMG_1005 (1024x683).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1007 (1024x683).jpg
    IMG_1007 (1024x683).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 36
I just read through this whole thread and I must say what an awesome job you did. This is one bad a** old Pilothouse. Thanks for sharing.

-Chris

I just read through this whole thread and I must say what an awesome job you did. This is one bad a** old Pilothouse. Thanks for sharing.

-Chris

Thanks. I got it to the point that I can get in and drive it so it's
been pretty hard to get back to working on it.
All I really lack is a bunch of small stuff.
Need a little motivation and some warmer weather.

I can't wait till the day I can drive my '52 Pilothouse. That'll be an awesome feeling. I hear ya on the warmer weather. It's been ridiculously cold up here in Massachusetts way worse than most winters for us.

-Chris

Thanks. I got it to the point that I can get in and drive it so it's
been pretty hard to get back to working on it.
All I really lack is a bunch of small stuff.
Need a little motivation and some warmer weather.

If it was as "cold" here as it is where you are, I would be driving my truck!

attachment.php

I love this back corner view of your truck, it just looks awesome. What's on your list to finish? Are you planning on putting in corner/side window glass, or not?

If it was as "cold" here as it is where you are, I would be driving my truck!

I love this back corner view of your truck, it just looks awesome. What's on your list to finish? Are you planning on putting in corner/side window glass, or not?

Hey, that cold stuff is all relative I think. You guys up there are tuffer than me.

Thanks I like that view also.
I need to finish my doors, glass, including the corners, the compressor and tank, got a couple of small leaks that are bothering me, a little finish welding, an exhaust leak, insulate and line the cab, HEATER, radio, smooth out the cowl a little, and then:

A little head work, camshaft, intake manifold, an overdrive transmission and possibly air conditioning.

Then I'm going to NOT paint it which will take some time. You ever sat and watched the patina process? Very interesting occurance.
All while driving it as much as humanly possible.

finally. Got a compressor and air tank for the bag system.
Been sick with the crud and haven't felt like doing much.
It's only been a month, I needed to step back from the Dodge
for a while but now its time to finish this thing.

hmmmmm [S is that where you are mounting your air tank? Definitely out of the way.. i like it!:D

Hey, that cold stuff is all relative I think. You guys up there are tuffer than me.

Thanks I like that view also.
I need to finish my doors, glass, including the corners, the compressor and tank, got a couple of small leaks that are bothering me, a little finish welding, an exhaust leak, insulate and line the cab, HEATER, radio, smooth out the cowl a little, and then:

A little head work, camshaft, intake manifold, an overdrive transmission and possibly air conditioning.

Then I'm going to NOT paint it which will take some time. You ever sat and watched the patina process? Very interesting occurance.
All while driving it as much as humanly possible.

That's a pretty good list. I like the last item the best. I find that's the one thing that most people can't wrap their minds around with my truck, that I am not painting it. Ever.

You've definitely got your work cut out, but those items shouldn't take too long!

That's a pretty good list. I like the last item the best. I find that's the one thing that most people can't wrap their minds around with my truck, that I am not painting it. Ever.

You've definitely got your work cut out, but those items shouldn't take too long!

I hear you on the paint. Some people just don't get it. That's alright tho
I don't get spending 10 to12 grand on a paint job, polishing it all the time
and never driving it.

Love the stance on your GMC, you nailed it.

I hear you on the paint. Some people just don't get it. That's alright tho
I don't get spending 10 to12 grand on a paint job, polishing it all the time
and never driving it.

Love the stance on your GMC, you nailed it.

Thanks, I'm very happy with it! Yep, people just don't understand that driving something you don't need to babysit or worry about polishing and rock chips is so much more fun!

Darn.....that is a grocery list of stuff...

The good thing.....you can drive it...last time I saw a list like that was hanging on the fridge....my "Honey-do" list...:eek: :D

Progress?????

Don't like to rush into anything. At this rate I figure about 1 1/2 weeks to install tank and compressor. Dang, I'm slow.

Attachments

• 012 (1024x683).jpg
    012 (1024x683).jpg
    99 KB · Views: 33
  • 013 (1024x683).jpg
    013 (1024x683).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 30
  • 014 (1024x683).jpg
    014 (1024x683).jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Back