How would i go about getting a title for a 1952

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bones

I have a chance of getting a 1952 chevy 2 door sedan but it only comes with a bill of sale no title [S How would i go about getting one? I live in arkansas and itll be a street rod if that matters. Thank all who trys to help.

Oklahoma is pretty easy on applying for a title, not sure about Ark. but that is the direction to go. Usually a vin inspection is in order, and a few more hoops to jump through.

Arkansas is one of the easier states to get a title.
As mentioned above is the way to do it and you at least have a bill of sale which helps in razorback country.

google time

Do a search ' how to title a hotrod 'and read rules your state has. best to go the Legal way, not buy a phony one. some states are cracking down on "historical documents" .Your state dmv office can search the Vin number and see if it is still in the computer. I did one in Calif and It cost $ 5 to get the search done and they keep your name on file indexed to that vin to keep controll of stalkers. If no records exist. the different states have different rules. some you have to post a bond, costs $ 100 to 200 usually. others get a judgement . cost $ 150 etc, check out your state rules or if the car has papers in a nearby state it might be easier to get a title there first. .

Latest posts

Back