My mad house

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neverdone

He's not done yet...
Nothing much to show yet, but give it a little time. Just closed the deal on Friday, haven't even got to move anything in yet. She is 30x48, has electric and gas, will also soon have cable and internet (ya know the necessities), also going to pip in some water. There is a concrete floor and it is insulated. I need to get a roof on it ASAP but ya know ya gotta start somewhere.

IMG_20131004_120745_916_zps2d09255a.jpg

Last edited:
New Digs

Hey, way cool on the new garage, roof is a pain but I know how it is, gotta keep it dry and safe from falling in haha.

Keep up with the pics as you get settled in.

52 fordman

Hey thanks guys!

Lets see the interior!

Not too much to show for the interior right now. Only a couple busted lights hanging up, one small bench back near the busted window. Since I work for a glass plant I am going to just get a piece of glass to fill the window hole completely for now, it's free, just gotta wait till we are running some stuff thick enough. The one part of the window is completely gone not just broke out.

Hopefully this coming weekend I will be putting some stuff in it, if that happens I will get some pictures up.

very nice

Hopefully the garage came with a house nearby (or you already live pretty close). My main regret in our new place is the lack of a separate out building... maybe next time.

Hey thanks guys!

Not too much to show for the interior right now. Only a couple busted lights hanging up, one small bench back near the busted window. Since I work for a glass plant I am going to just get a piece of glass to fill the window hole completely for now, it's free, just gotta wait till we are running some stuff thick enough. The one part of the window is completely gone not just broke out.

Hopefully this coming weekend I will be putting some stuff in it, if that happens I will get some pictures up.

I still say post pictures of the interior :D
I frequent GarageJournal often, just to see what guys do with their spaces. Empty ones are just as fun to look at since you get to dream of what you would do with the space. I dream a lot since many of those garages over there are just that, only a dream for me. But it really helps me narrow down what's practical, and what's foolish.
Good thing took cause if I had the scratch to build my "dream garage" a few years ago, it woulda been all foolish :)

Hopefully the garage came with a house nearby (or you already live pretty close). My main regret in our new place is the lack of a separate out building... maybe next time.

Oh yes. The house is in front of the shop. Your A cowl will have a nice new home and hopefully there will be a build thread underway shortly for it.

I still say post pictures of the interior :D
I frequent GarageJournal often, just to see what guys do with their spaces. Empty ones are just as fun to look at since you get to dream of what you would do with the space. I dream a lot since many of those garages over there are just that, only a dream for me. But it really helps me narrow down what's practical, and what's foolish.
Good thing took cause if I had the scratch to build my "dream garage" a few years ago, it woulda been all foolish :)

Next time I am out there I will get some.

The cowl is yours, not mine. You can do with it what you want.

I know you will have the space looking good in no time. If I lived closer (and had more free time) I would volunteer to help with the roofing/rehab.

Enjoy!

Hey neverdone

An easy roof to do it lay 1x3's over top the current shingles and then lay tin over top of that...that roof will last as long as you do...comes in 36" wide sheets...works wonders...just make sure to keep the top peak ventilated...than you can insulate the thing till you can heat it with a candle...you are gonna love it there...

Congrats on the purchase...

MikeC

Very Cool Neverdone....

I'm sure you are excited about not having to farm anything out for storage.....Cool.....congrats..

Hey neverdone

An easy roof to do it lay 1x3's over top the current shingles and then lay tin over top of that...that roof will last as long as you do...comes in 36" wide sheets...works wonders...just make sure to keep the top peak ventilated...than you can insulate the thing till you can heat it with a candle...you are gonna love it there...

Congrats on the purchase...

MikeC

What are you refering to as 1x3's? But thanks for the advice anyhow!

I'm sure you are excited about not having to farm anything out for storage.....Cool.....congrats..

Very excited! Started rounding up my stuff today!

Well as requested, on pic of a some what empty shop. All I had time for.

IMG_20131011_184248_760_zpsc40094f4.jpg

First two of the big toys showed up. Only snapped a pic of the one. My old pride and joy, the jeep......

IMG_20131013_114038_123_zps81c741ca.jpg

Still trying to get everything moved in, but soon enough it will all be settled, then I will get some pics of everything in it's place. Need to get my doors fixed on the barn. Kind of a security measure though, they don't open..... Cables are off of them, the bottom panels on all of them are screwed up too. So little TLC needs to be had.

Awesome, looks like a great start to a good workspace!
I suggest for the lights, I used some 2x4 4 bulb florescent lights from home depot, they come complete with the bulbs for pretty cheap (cheaper than buying the fixtures and bulbs separately).

I screwed the housings to my garage ceiling so they can be easily removed later when I move...

Latest posts

Back