My mad house

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a chance to "play" in my mad house a little the last couple days. Didn't get to do much other than trying to clean stuff up and get stuff put away. Kind of nice to have the space to do that and not have to trip over everything.

Worked a little at trying to seal up my front doors a bit. the 2 inch slit at the bottom was not keeping much out. Put a strip of rubber across the bottom to bandaid it until I can get up the funds for some new doors.

Also got a chance to put together my lift table and see it in action. That was pretty cool since I have had it for probably three years and never even seen what it looks like assembled. Wish it went a little higher but for the $100 I have invested in it I won't complain.

Last night I also scored 2 free 4 foot 6 bulb florescent lights. Going to try and get those put up tonight or tomorrow night. Hopefully now I have enough light out there to get something done.

Picked up a set of roller skates. Got 2 free, got the other two at HF. Thought it would be easier to push around than what it is though. Oh well, still glad to have them.

IMG_20131121_094501_909_zps97fc53c5.jpg

Also hung one light, might try and get the other one up tonight, then I will have four lights in the shop. Going to break them up on separate switches though, one front on back.

I have found those wheel dollies a big help in my barn. Makes it nice to scoot the project around anyway you want to clean or clear room for something else going on. My organizational skills don't exist..heheh!

so I learned yesterday that the one set of skates has bushings, no bearings. It didn't roll for #$%^!! Took them apart and pumped them full of grease, life is a little better now and I pushed the dodge off in to a corner.... :( hopefully I will get to work on it soon. It is in line for the lift table so we will see.

Did get my two free lights hooked up at the sacrifice of one of my extension cords. Also ran a couple outlets for different things. Finally opened up my back door. That is pretty hand to have!!! Gets the tractor in and out pretty easy there! Been doing a lot of work with my old 2020 these last couple days, man is it nice to have around! Still plenty to do but I am slowly getting things in to shape out there.

Currently I am trying to do that. Get it in cabinets, shelves walls anyplace I can. Just haven't had much time. I need a rack to hold all my shovels, rakes, stuff like that. Otherwise, yes I am having a great time with it. My previous shop I was working on the rat in was an old barn, no power, no heat, no insulation, no lights. I did all my work off a generator except for a year ago I had it at my buddies place for a few months. Besides that I did a lot of work in my 10x10 shed by the trailer I lived in. It feels awesome to have all the stuff in one spot where I can play with it!!! Once I get it all setup and ready for work I will like it a heck of a lot more!!!

Scored a free shop heater yesterday!!! Now just have to go get it!!! The Dodge is still flying.... Need to get to work on it but haven't had time. Told the wife yesterday though, I am way over due for some quality shop time. It is time to get to that. No more indoor projects for a little bit.

Looks to me you've done a lot to the garage...

Sure looks a lot different than when you moved in....I'd say you accomplished a lot even if you haven't had time for work on the "flyer".....

Thanks sarge. I did find a little time for some shop therapy last night. Was out there playing for a few hours. Worked on the tractor, the snowmobile engine, and worked on the "flyer" for a few minutes.

IMG_20140101_212849_069_zps6c61aef0.jpg

Newest addition......

85,000 BTUs of warm and cozy feeling!!! She runs great but need to get a chimney hooked up before I can run it. Fired it up for 5 minutes when I hung it up there to make sure it runs.

Not too bad for free.

Aint touched on this thread for a while.

Put up a new door. Old one been kicked in a few too many times.
IMG_20140327_175833_634_zps2j81xqse.jpg

Decorated with a little piece from SpeedCult.

Got me a birthday present to my self.

IMG_20140410_234846_338_zps99450cd7.jpg

Should aid in the dismantle of poor old Frank.

Also invested in one of them there magnetic sweepers. Glad I did. First pass through my driveway in front of my barn looked like this.

IMG_20140404_192304_782_zps641d9da4.jpg

I musta filled that sweeper 10 times before I quit. And that was just out front. Glad I haven't gotten a flat yet. Hopefully I got it all.

Latest posts

Back