28 Fast Four build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

You're going to wonder how you had time to do anything now....;)

Nice Beadwork, [cl[cl
[P[P

and I can't wait till we get to hear the hemi :D:D

Thanks FBP, be a while yet before retirement

What happened with the 5 speed you wanted to use out of the 300? Why the switch to the 4 speed?

I have to say I don't quite follow the "parts are hard to get" argument for the 440. If you carry a fuel pump and maybe an alternator and/or starter, what else could you possibly need on a long road trip that would be hard to get? I've never owned a Chrysler product, so I am genuinely curious.

To run the NAG 1 5 speed auto requires using the TCU , ABB computer, body computer and the ECU as well as tone rings on the rear diff to make it function as well as a special wiring harness and thousands of dollars of programming.
The fuel pump took 3 weeks to get , and there is not a whole lot of room for extras in the car with two adults a dog and 8 weeks worth of baggage.

Thanks FBP, be a while yet before retirement

To run the NAG 1 5 speed auto requires using the TCU , ABB computer, body computer and the ECU as well as tone rings on the rear diff to make it function as well as a special wiring harness and thousands of dollars of programming.
The fuel pump took 3 weeks to get , and there is not a whole lot of room for extras in the car with two adults a dog and 8 weeks worth of baggage.

Ah, I see.

On the space point, my folks tow a small fiberglass luggage trailer behind their Model A Tudor. The trailer is colour matched to the car and makes it so you don't have to take luggage and whatnot in and out of the back seat.

Ah, I see.

On the space point, my folks tow a small fiberglass luggage trailer behind their Model A Tudor. The trailer is colour matched to the car and makes it so you don't have to take luggage and whatnot in and out of the back seat.

I have thought about the trailer, but haven't figured out a hitch with my fuel tank in the factory spot. [S[S

GEN III swap begins

Well cold weather is here, it's time to start making changes. The 440 is out and the Hemi is going in for a mock up.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Gen III 001.jpg
    Resize of Gen III 001.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Resize of Gen III 002.jpg
    Resize of Gen III 002.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Resize of Gen III 004.jpg
    Resize of Gen III 004.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Resize of Gen III 005.jpg
    Resize of Gen III 005.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Resize of Gen III 007.jpg
    Resize of Gen III 007.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 44
Thanks Guys, I'm just putting in a couple hours at a time, sitting around doesn't help the a body. I'm kinda excited for the first test drive. [;)[;)

The Hemi is in and bolted down. Made new mount adapters. I still have to figure out a trans mount. Setting the engine trans in was a bit of a struggle trying to get the down angle right, with no carb plate to use for a reference it all looked like the tail stock had to come up. I was about to start cutting into the tunnel when I deceided to put the angle finder on the flat machined area on the tailstock and found that it was within .4 degrees opposite the diff. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Mounts 002.jpg
    Resize of Mounts 002.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Resize of Mounts 001.jpg
    Resize of Mounts 001.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Resize of Mounts 003.jpg
    Resize of Mounts 003.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Resize of Mounts 004.jpg
    Resize of Mounts 004.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Resize of Mounts 005.jpg
    Resize of Mounts 005.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Resize of Mounts 006.jpg
    Resize of Mounts 006.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 50
I don't know, Glen, those motor mounts look a little skimpy.:D Really, though, your design and fab ability shows through once again. Bullet proof and good looking.[cl

Nicely done! Is that a temporary crossmember under the pan or are you adding more beef?

Yes I put that there to hold the motor level and in place while I built the mounts.

I don't know, Glen, those motor mounts look a little skimpy.:D Really, though, your design and fab ability shows through once again. Bullet proof and good looking.[cl

Thanks Bob I had thought of using 1/2"plate :rolleyes:

Dozer, wouldn't that be neat if the factory put a flat surface on a transmission so you could set your angle finder on it?

Good show.

This 46Rh does have a flat spot just ahead of the rear seal.:D

Latest posts

Back