Hot rod engine

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZZ, you're going south in a couple of weeks, why don't you swing by Argentina and bring back an armload of those Y-blocks. I'd like one.
Old Iron, I also like using old unique motors, just so I'm not known as a bellybutton hotrodder. This one may be uniquer than I need though.

I had a long talk with a friend of mine who happens to own a machine shop and he was rubbing his hands together with glee at the work needed on this old combine flywheel that I have that has one right dimension.

ZZ, you're going south in a couple of weeks, why don't you swing by Argentina and bring back an armload of those Y-blocks. I'd like one.
Old Iron, I also like using old unique motors, just so I'm not known as a bellybutton hotrodder. This one may be uniquer than I need though.

I had a long talk with a friend of mine who happens to own a machine shop and he was rubbing his hands together with glee at the work needed on this old combine flywheel that I have that has one right dimension.

I like using unique engines as well, although the huge price difference in parts gets a little tiring (especially with our exchange rate). My roadster is getting a 1967 283. Unique as far as a SBC can be, and period correct.

Oh oh Snake, I couldn't really tell how excited he was or if he had dollar signs in his eyes, because we were on the phone. I'm a bit of a dreamer. Anyway, I usually pay my debts with the gravel truck, so it's not so painful.

Snopro, maybe the wisdom of testing the boundary limits of common sense as to how far unique you should go, will do me in.
Yes, I also believe in hotrod era correctness.

it can be done

This year's Hot Rod Engine Masters Challenge had a Vintage class in which a Lincoln Y-block was entered. So the potential is there, and maybe some new parts are available.

440shorty

Latest posts

Back