Killbillet

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chop509

Infamous Dirty '34
Read today that Austin was able to retrieve all the pics, etc. from their last server crash.
Cost him $1800, wow!

Jeff

I hope he does anyway, it's not like he is raking in the dough running the website. It really does cost a lot of money to keep this stuff running, and stay entertaining.

Back to basics... hopefully!!!

Read today that Austin was able to retrieve all the pics, etc. from their last server crash.
Cost him $1800, wow!

This is the perfect example of why you do backups... don't know where he got that recovery done but that usually costs around $400-$500. Hopefully they'll learn to do the basics & find a good server since they've changed servers 3 or 4 times since January after multiple crashes. This account for RRR costs $14.95 a month.

BoB

Yup, I checked and the pics of my build aren't back yet so there still must be a problem over there. I suppose I'll just have a redo. lol

Challenging!

Same here, I have been putting off reposting some pics because I keep hearing about the pictures coming back. Maybe later this week.

Bonehead,
I've done recoveries & that's what one of Tripper Jr's company's does. To recover that much data & get it back into a useable format is very challenging & very time consuming!!!

BoB

I understand nothing about computers, but it must be difficult to keep a site like KB, or RRR up and running. I am on a couple of other forums, and every so often you try to log on and there is a message, and sometimes the site will be down for several days or occasionally a week. When they come back up they say there was a major crash, or something like that.

Could part of the problem be overload? KB has grown quite a bit, it seems, and I thought maybe their problems were due to that?

Don

Problems!

Could part of the problem be overload? KB has grown quite a bit, it seems, and I thought maybe their problems were due to that?

Don,
That generally is a function of the server any board is using. I use one that is very good & very experienced plus Tripper Jr backs it up & does not count on anyone else for that very important function. I've been using the same server for 12 years & they have only crashed once about 3 years ago & since I had a backup I was up & running in less that 30 minutes. Every now & then they'll have an outage for a short period but they'll b up agin in no time! Now that I've said that... my server will probably crash as soon as I post this!!! ; - >

BoB

Latest posts

Back