MACKAZs 22 Buick model 45 Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no expert, but I've watched some videos:D, and I think it will work with a single pumper.

Care to share any live links? The vids I've watched all used double pumper. I'd be keen to use this vac sec as I've spent money on it. (scrooge, moneys tight.,etc)
Turbo idea is really for what the heck factor. The power gain is unimportant.

If you build an air tight box around the carb instead of using a blow through hat the vacuum secondaries should work. What do you think, Old Iron?

The only thing I was thinking is the positive pressure on the secondary's butterflies might blow them open. Just a thought.

Interesting. Once I get car to new place I'll see if I can mechanicalize the carb, I've done it to jap carbs for dirt track. I'll keep looking about and talk to a couple of guys that fool around with turbos. I'm not chasing mega power, mainly just for shock factor

Back in the "olden days" we would put a mechanical linkage on the secondaries. Mr. Gasket supplied it I believe.

I'm no expert, but I've watched some videos:D, and I think it will work with a single pumper.

It should work with a single pumper but, not one with vacuum secondary's.

If you're referring to a "single-pumper", what else would it have for secondaries?

Yes, you can use a vacuum secondary carburetor on a blow-through setup, but it needs to be modified to work right.

The vacuum to open the secondaries is from airflow demand passing through the carburetor, not engine vacuum.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back