It has began! 54 International Harvester Bobber build.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres me with my new semi truck air bags......Heres my new air bag compared to the kinda normal 2600lber type...... and last is a pic of the IH with the visor hooked on to it. Enjoy, RR:D

Holy crap dude! You planning on hitchin a 5th wheel to the back of that thing?!
I guess I never realized how big rig, big big bag, rig......... Ah hell......how big those bags on the semis are!

Definatly towers over the std set that ya normally use. Just wonder wat size air tank I'm gonna need to fill all 4 of em??? RR:D

Heres me with my new semi truck air bags......Heres my new air bag compared to the kinda normal 2600lber type...... and last is a pic of the IH with the visor hooked on to it. Enjoy, RR:D

Nice! That's not an air bag that's a beer keg! You're going to need a BIG air tank and a BIG compressor to fill them bad boys! Truck is looking awesome...really like the visor. Keep us posted.

-Troy

yep those are huge..

correct me if i am wrong, but I am fairly sure that semi bags are not designed to be deflated like "normal" bags.. in other words they will get ruined quickly because the rubber is not designed to fold up, and be deflated???

Definatly towers over the std set that ya normally use. Just wonder wat size air tank I'm gonna need to fill all 4 of em??? RR:D

You could probably get away with a "normal" size tank if you use 2 100% duty cycle compressors.

Is there a reason you went with such big bags? Not that it's a bad thing, just wondering.
I actually thought of using some semi bags too but never got around to it.

I got an idea, put one bag horizontally in the center of the bed to run the whole rear axle via cantileaver action. one big one instead of two small ones...[;)

I got an idea, put one bag horizontally in the center of the bed to run the whole rear axle via cantileaver action. one big one instead of two small ones...[;)

Oooooo that's an idea!
How would one go about keeping even pressure on both sides?
I guess if you built a big solid V that didn't flex much, you could do it.

RR, are you planning on towing with this beast?

The bags aren't big, Rodney is really a midget. :D

My .02$ : You won't need much air pressure with those. So you won't really need any bigger of a tank. Well, unless you've got that fifth wheel on there. :rolleyes: You might only need 10PSI on the rears and 25PSI on the front. (That a total outta the butt guess)

You have 4 of those? Where are you going to fit those monsters on the front?!

The bags aren't big, Rodney is really a midget. :D

My .02$ : You won't need much air pressure with those. So you won't really need any bigger of a tank. Well, unless you've got that fifth wheel on there. :rolleyes: You might only need 10PSI on the rears and 25PSI on the front. (That a total outta the butt guess)

You have 4 of those? Where are you going to fit those monsters on the front?!

Have you seen his bones? He could fit a HORSE between the frame and the bones :D

Tnx for the replys.

No towing with this one. Just trying to keep with the semi and international theme so thought we would go big on everything for effect. Lol

Yea the bones are bout 2.5 feet long or longer and are 60-70lbs so lot of room for mr gussett to fab up brackets n such.

Should be interesting to say the least. Rr[P

yep those are huge..

correct me if i am wrong, but I am fairly sure that semi bags are not designed to be deflated like "normal" bags.. in other words they will get ruined quickly because the rubber is not designed to fold up, and be deflated???

Semi trucks/trailers frequently dump there air for lowerring their trailers and such for loading, so I don't think that will be an issue.

I do think they might ride harsh though...but I'm interested in hearing/seeing the end results!

..but I'm interested in hearing/seeing the end results!

it's comments like this that make me wish everyone had a money tree growing in their back yard, and a Stop Time device in their closet.
I frequently dream of a time where everyone on RRR had the ability to all meet at 1 location for a big RRR event to walk around and talk to the guys we all share text with on the site!
There are TONS of builds.......and people...... That I would love to see and meet in person.

Vegas, California (maybe not due to crap laws), Florida, sturgis, wherever!
Wherever the chosen location would be would sure to have an exciting week with all our rides stinkin up the whole place :)

make our own Rat Week in Daytona! [cl

But then again, I think I'm one of the few that is trying hard to make form and function work very closely together just in case some event like this came to be, so I could actually drive the rat there in style AND comfort.

(think I just might have broken a RRR rule by saying comfort ;) )

it's comments like this that make me wish everyone had a money tree growing in their back yard, and a Stop Time device in their closet.
I frequently dream of a time where everyone on RRR had the ability to all meet at 1 location for a big RRR event to walk around and talk to the guys we all share text with on the site!
There are TONS of builds.......and people...... That I would love to see and meet in person.

Vegas, California (maybe not due to crap laws), Florida, sturgis, wherever!
Wherever the chosen location would be would sure to have an exciting week with all our rides stinkin up the whole place :)

make our own Rat Week in Daytona! [cl

But then again, I think I'm one of the few that is trying hard to make form and function work very closely together just in case some event like this came to be, so I could actually drive the rat there in style AND comfort.

(think I just might have broken a RRR rule by saying comfort ;) )

I couldn't agree with you more and I'm in the same mind set as far as building my truck to be able to make long trips...just in case.

You know all it would take is a few people to start planning it! [S Count me in! :D People driving from the same location can make it a mini convoy!

-Troy

I couldn't agree with you more and I'm in the same mind set as far as building my truck to be able to make long trips...just in case.

You know all it would take is a few people to start planning it! [S Count me in! :D People driving from the same location can make it a mini convoy!

-Troy

It would almost have to be somewhere right smack in the middle of the US to give everyone a fair drive. You being in Florida, would likely have to drive quite a ways further then guys in Kansas.

Ive currently set a goal for my self to finish the truck and have all the kinks worked out by july 2013. Planning a drive from denver to the bonneville salt flats, then to long beach Cali for the Ink n Iron show on the Queen Mary, then drive back through Vegas on my way back to denver. I'm so looking forward to it! Me a pond a couple local guys here are taking the journey.

It would almost have to be somewhere right smack in the middle of the US to give everyone a fair drive. You being in Florida, would likely have to drive quite a ways further then guys in Kansas.

Ive currently set a goal for my self to finish the truck and have all the kinks worked out by july 2013. Planning a drive from denver to the bonneville salt flats, then to long beach Cali for the Ink n Iron show on the Queen Mary, then drive back through Vegas on my way back to denver. I'm so looking forward to it! Me a pond a couple local guys here are taking the journey.

Ha! We can talk about it at Bonneville...I"m doing the same thing! :D You're right it would have to be somewhere central US, but I'm sure there would be a good showing...maybe incorporated into some kind of national event?

We've HighJack Rodney's build thread. Sorry Rodney!

-Troy

Ha! We can talk about it at Bonneville...I"m doing the same thing! :D You're right it would have to be somewhere central US, but I'm sure there would be a good showing...maybe incorporated into some kind of national event?

We've HighJack Rodney's build thread. Sorry Rodney!

-Troy

33cafadb.jpg

I put a link in my sig line for the thread I just started about the bonneville/Cali drive.

Sorry Rodney, back on topic :)

I can honestly say, I've never hijacked a topic before, and I kinda feel bad about it.

Latest posts

Back