1937 Packard 115 coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trunk fix. Sliced a strip out of the lower edge and hammered it down, tacked together

attachment.php

All welded and cleaned up

attachment.php

Tacked on a strip of 10ga.

attachment.php

All welded and sanded. Still some gap tweaking to do, need to shave a little off the drivers side also but a big improvement.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2267.JPG
    IMG_2267.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2268.JPG
    IMG_2268.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2269.JPG
    IMG_2269.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2270.JPG
    IMG_2270.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 134
Time to start rehab on the running boards. After struggling with chisels, scrapers and wire wheel, frustration was building :mad: Then I thought to use an air chisel - bingo, done peeling the old rubber in 10 minutes - just made one gawdawful mess, bits flying all over :eek:
Some straightening and rust repair to do so they can get blasted.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2278.JPG
    IMG_2278.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 92
Is this what they mean by separation anxiety?? :D
Tear down time, going to send the body off for media blasting in a couple weeks so it had to come off and turn turtle to finish up all the underside welding. Have to be careful to not bend the rocker panel edges in the process of flipping it up, then I need to turn it on the other side to finish up. Wouldn't a rotisserie be nice ? No room...:(
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2295.JPG
    IMG_2295.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2296.JPG
    IMG_2296.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2300.JPG
    IMG_2300.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 75
That's scary all right. :eek: :eek: I put a couple well placed tires (no rims) under the side it is laying on in situations like this. Usually works out well if I'm gentle.

All cleaned up, need to zap a few pinholes that have been exposed by the media blasting them it will get a coat of epoxy primer.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2335.JPG
    IMG_2335.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2336.JPG
    IMG_2336.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2337.JPG
    IMG_2337.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 63
It's done with glass bead, not so aggressive as sand, and less chance of warpage. My guy did a car for the Rust Bros, but the producer said he was too expensive so they found a cheaper alternative. I believe you get what you pay for....
This body was soda blasted many years ago but had been kept in a drippy shed on the coast until it came to me so the primer it had on it was almost lost to the elements..

Cleaned up very good.
I agree with ya on the getting what you pay for.
There's been a lot of bodies lost to a less than knowledgeable people on blasting.

looks nice! blasting sheet sure is a trade.

here`s what happened to a tractor hood a customer had blasted... it first came in for some rust repairs...turned into a bunch of hammering... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMGP3561.jpg
    IMGP3561.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back