beadroller motor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The math just kinda falls out for me. This is by far my toughest semester. Calc II and Differential Equations were tough, but they were one at a time. This one (while toughest) is the most challenging and kinda fun. My dad used to say "If it was easy, everybody would do it".
Next semester I only have one class. Senior Project. Cannot wait to be done.

P.S. The only people who think I'm old are my 3 adult children.

Finally got around to doing the foot pedal. found the control for an old sewing machine that the neighbor was throwing out and spliced it into the ground side of an extension cord. It isn't worth a dang at speed control, works better as an "on/off" switch. I just have to set the speed at the trigger.
Also been working on a tube notcher. Just need to do some Trig to get the hole spacing right. My wife pointed out that after I graduate and get an engineering job, I could buy the tools I want. I said "What fun would that be?"

Attachments

• IMG_0629.JPG
    IMG_0629.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0626.JPG
    IMG_0626.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 63
I got a new craftsman garage door motor I was going to try on mine. I was thinking the smaller chevy flywheel and a starter gear. I'm going to put a guide on it to to make it easier.

If I can ever get around to it, I will. The door motors are reversable, and you can find them on ebay for $25. I was thinking they'd work good, we'll see.

I went to a friends starter shop and got some starter drives, my 84 k10 I'm building had 4 teeth chipped on the flex plate, 168 tooth, so looks like I'll use it. Soon as I get some time I'll try and get this started on. Got to get on ebay and find a peddle assy.

Latest posts

Back