Show me your rear end

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ike

Banned
No No No I don't want you to drop your pants. I am using a 36 Ford pickup frame with the stock spring. The rear end is a 93 Jeep Cherokee. Hoping to find some ideas how to mount it and keep it low. Pictures and ideas are welcome at this time of confusion. Pictures of your personal rear end are not wanted are needed.

Couldn't resist!!!

Here's the rear 4 my '41...

closequick.jpeg

BoB

Thanks

I hope you don't take this the wrong way. You men have some fine looking rear ends LOL. Thanks for the pics. hoping to find a transverse spring setup. Any help at this stage is appreciated.

You could mount a transverse rear spring on a set up like mine very easily. The spring mount could bolt to the lower coil mount and use an upper spring mount crossmember at the top. Ride height will be dictated by the arch of the spring and amount of rear kick up on the frame.

You probably want to stay with the spring behind. You could just fabricate a different x member and drop several inches, reverse the spring eyes and rearch the spring to gain a couple more. That would get a nice traditional truck in the ball park. If you are building a cartoon truck then consider the fabricated coilover or airbagged setup.

Athough no pix yet, as parts are on the way, the ratty 46 is recv'ing a FAB9 with Wilwood big brakes & Koni Dbl. adjustable shox. The rear will be hung via poly bushed 4 link as I want to drive daily without beating the bag out the car. The rear frame section will be narrowerd slightly & I may mini tub the inner fender area to utilize a little bigger skin down the road. Right now a 4.5" factory steel wheel will be used.

I'd trade all mine for a rear like spider has though!!!!

Ratty 46

Latest posts

Back