News flash.....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I-R-POPS

''Rusty Mopar Slacker''
It hurts more to dig with a shovel when you're 62
than it did when you were 42.

I got back from my trip to Nebraska for Billy to find a well problem
at the house. It seems we had a lightning strike and it fried the motor
control for the pump and it literally burnt the direct burial 10 ga. wire in two
between the house and the well. I've never seen that happen.

I had to dig under the sidewalk by the house and under the Sanitary slab around the well head, by hand, to run new wire. At least I can use a trencher for the rest. I think I'll put it in conduit this time.

Heck of a deal but just another chapter in the life and times at our house. I should be able to get it all back in shape after tomorrow.

I'm thru whining now.
I'd really rather be working on my '47.

Hate to hear that Pops. Good thing is some of those muscles got exercised. Bad thing is they hurt like hell afterwards! :D

........It hurts more to dig with a shovel when you're 62
than it did when you were 42.

You couldn't prove it by me but I'll take your word for it....... since I feel the same way about 36 and 56 :p

We had lightning get our pump control last year too but like you I've never seen it burn the wire like that....usually just the control or just the pump.

I feel you pain, every time i try to do something i did 15 years ago without thinking about.

Getting old is not for the faint of heart.

Rest well

yep , I used to dig a hole or shovel up a pile of dirt non stop till the bucket was loaded or it was gone ,, but now at 50 ,, I find my heart gets to beating so hard I cant hear myself talking to myself :) i GOTTA REST FOR A FEW

If your worried about getting zapped again you could put in a lightning arrestor + maybe another ground rod + #6 ground wire at the pump . Good luck

I can't say much. It seems lately I ache most of the time. Problem is I am half the age of most the guys active on the board here..... Afraid of what I have to look forward too in the next 30 years.

A lot of sore going on this morning.
It decided to rain last night so I have water standing in
the holes this morning.
A perfect excuse to take a break today, it's supposed to dry up the
next couple of days.

I've got the well up and running with a temp overhead southern engineering
marvel. I don't think it would pass an electrical inspection but we got water!

Latest posts

Back