I'm Gonna Build A Dragster!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Bob, that is always the way, go home early and weather gets better. With what you posted staying would have not make it run quicker. I think Dave ran her for all she had and the motor needs more with the free flowing EFI Plenum intake. All great carb information. Wallace Racing site is a great support place, lots of real good stuff.

My first thought is that the two 1.08 venturi 2100 are still jetted in the stock 49-50 range and that I would spend another $30 bucks for a pair of 60-62 jets to see if that would help.[S This is because I do not have your fab skills and it's the easy way. You on the other hand love fabbing up a new top plate with 3 1.08"s just cause you can to say nothing of how cool it looks.

Your numbers don't lie, it sure looks like 3 1.08 may be called for. I do think that the EFI Plenum intake puts you in uncharted area. It may be true that it wants to flow more cfm than 2 1.08 can do. If that is the case a jet change into the 60-62 will prove it for sure.:(Then you get to build a new 3x2 top plate. If it comes to that she will sure look like a mean machine.

Get Well !!!!!!!!!

Well Bob, that is always the way, go home early and weather gets better. With what you posted staying would have not make it run quicker. I think Dave ran her for all she had and the motor needs more with the free flowing EFI Plenum intake. All great carb information. Wallace Racing site is a great support place, lots of real good stuff.

My first thought is that the two 1.08 venturi 2100 are still jetted in the stock 49-50 range and that I would spend another $30 bucks for a pair of 60-62 jets to see if that would help.[S This is because I do not have your fab skills and it's the easy way. You on the other hand love fabbing up a new top plate with 3 1.08"s just cause you can to say nothing of how cool it looks.

Your numbers don't lie, it sure looks like 3 1.08 may be called for. I do think that the EFI Plenum intake puts you in uncharted area. It may be true that it wants to flow more cfm than 2 1.08 can do. If that is the case a jet change into the 60-62 will prove it for sure.:(Then you get to build a new 3x2 top plate. If it comes to that she will sure look like a mean machine.

Get Well !!!!!!!!!

I missed it, but you say that's an EFI plenum intake, what style of EFI is it intended for? Throttle body injection?

Well I'll answer this for Bob as I sent him the Ford 6 cylinder EFI injection lower tubes. They are off a 1994 300 motor and Bob built the plenum setup to make a 2x2 intake. He loves building this stuff. Wish I had some of his fabrication skills, but I'm just an old racer.

Started on a top plate for 3 carbs.

Attachments

• new top 001.jpg
    new top 001.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 43
  • new top 003.jpg
    new top 003.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 42
I new you just had to have another project. Are you trying to get that rail in the 10.99 or you want to have the coolest 6 cylinder motor around?;)

Layout looks great. Remember that with the extra cfm you may still need to go up a bit on the jet sizes but you may want to try your .050 setup first.

The top plate is finished. The walnut riser is rough cut. The third carb I have is a later model smog model. Not sure it will work after I plug all the extra passages in it. There's a Ford only junkyard 30 miles from me. Might have to see what he has in stock.

Today the Mrs. and I went to my 60 year high school reunion. I worked on the reunion committee. We had a good time and a great meal. Lots of old people there.:D It cut in to my building time though.

Yes Tom, I want to see 10.99. Then I can throw the thing away. Actually, I've been thinking of permanently loaning it to Jerry (he helps and has storage space) and Driver Dave. They can give it back when the novelty wears off.

Attachments

• Mo intake 001.jpg
    Mo intake 001.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Mo intake 002.jpg
    Mo intake 002.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Mo intake 003.jpg
    Mo intake 003.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 65
That setup looks great, will be great if you can find another 1.08 at the Ford only yard. I stopped going to HSR years ago as there were to many old people
with medical problems like me or the other side were the ones my age (OLD) that are in great health (don't want to talk to them) life ain't fair. LOL

Only thing good about getting older is we have had a lot of time to do some great things.

Well it's up to you but with all the work you have put into that rail I would want to be there for the "First 10.99 Pass". Finish what you started then let them make the changes! I never gave up on a race car until it ran what it should. Clean out a little more of that shop, there is room. Just my 2 cents worth.

Stay healthy & get well [cl

Well I'll answer this for Bob as I sent him the Ford 6 cylinder EFI injection lower tubes. They are off a 1994 300 motor and Bob built the plenum setup to make a 2x2 intake. He loves building this stuff. Wish I had some of his fabrication skills, but I'm just an old racer.

What I was getting at is what style of EFI is it, I.E. where does the fuel enter the intake. It looks like it's a TBI style system so fuel is designed to flow through the runners (mixed with air, of course). In many modern EFI systems, the runners are designed for dry airflow only and you get all kinds of undesired effects if you flow fuel through them. That where I was going with that.

What I was getting at is what style of EFI is it, I.E. where does the fuel enter the intake. It looks like it's a TBI style system so fuel is designed to flow through the runners (mixed with air, of course). In many modern EFI systems, the runners are designed for dry airflow only and you get all kinds of undesired effects if you flow fuel through them. That where I was going with that.

I have to do a Sgt. Schultz on the original EFI set up. "I know nothing!" Based on the era I would guess it was a TBI style setup.

There is a retired Ford engineer that goes by The Frenchtown Flyer that has built intakes using the same lower casting. So I did the same. Old28 was kind enough to send the casting from California. Free.

The car left the line really good but lost top speed. So I think it lost some horsepower.

I have to do a Sgt. Schultz on the original EFI set up. "I know nothing!" Based on the era I would guess it was a TBI style setup.

There is a retired Ford engineer that goes by The Frenchtown Flyer that has built intakes using the same lower casting. So I did the same. Old28 was kind enough to send the casting from California. Free.

The car left the line really good but lost top speed. So I think it lost some horsepower.

Yeah, I know Ford used injectors on the 5.0 intakes of the same era, but I don't know what they did on the 300. I'm guessing it was TBI style. Hope you get the intake figured.

Hi Bob -- any progress on the 3x2 intake for the bullet?
Funny you should axe. I just came in with a couple pics to post. The fuel lines are done and the throttle linkage is too. Still have to rebuild the middle carb and modify the scoop. It got so warm and humid everything in the garage is wet. Supposed to only reach 60 f. tomorrow so it will dry out.

Attachments

• karbs 001.jpg
    karbs 001.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 118
  • karbs 003.jpg
    karbs 003.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 143
That triple carb setup looks pretty neat Bob ... gives me some ideas as I have a mid 90's Ford 300 sitting out back waiting for me to do something with it.

By the way .. next time we're at the track together and you need to change jets please remember that I have a complete Holley jet kit in my trailer. :)

Funny you should axe. I just came in with a couple pics to post. The fuel lines are done and the throttle linkage is too. Still have to rebuild the middle carb and modify the scoop. It got so warm and humid everything in the garage is wet. Supposed to only reach 60 f. tomorrow so it will dry out.

Nice work [cl

!![P!!

Well Bob, that should take care of the need for more cfm & fuel. That looks great. Looking at around 730 cfm close to the 750 4V you had on there at first.
This 3x2 setup on the EFI plenum will spread the fuel to all cylinders much better than the single 4V setup.

Now a couple of driveway tests and a trip to local strip for a few test & tune passes. 10.99 is just around the corner. Make the Bullet do what we know it can do then pass it on.:cool::D;)

Stay healthy good Buddy:)

R&D is the only way to know what is best.

You nailed it, OI. I don't care for dynos. Why go out to the strip knowing what you've got? Trouble for me is we get very few run in in a year. Next year we gotta get out there more. If I can stay healthy and if the weather cooperates, we can finally get this thing to perform like it is capable of.

Thanks guys for the positive comments. They are a motivator.

Larry, Unfortunately Holley jets do not fit. Autolite jets are $7.50 each locally. Half that on line. I'll start with stock jetting on the new set up.

Tom, should get some driveway hits in this week, weather permitting. I won't quit til I se a 10.99.

Latest posts

Back