48 F1 LinkFord project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, it seems my typing skills suck. Got the drop axle mounted and moved the rear bumper up closer to the bed.

Attachments

• 0725191551a.jpg
    0725191551a.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 0725191552.jpg
    0725191552.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 32
Love it! My dad had one & we went deer hunting in it all the time when I was a youngster! Lookin' really good!!!

BoB

Nice Rake.[cl :D :cool:
If I remember correctly in a past post you talked about either closing up your front wheel openings or gettin a set of 1/2 ton fenders?(or was that someone else with a F series?)[S
It looks good to me the way it is.
[P[P[P[P

Nice Rake.[cl :D :cool:
If I remember correctly in a past post you talked about either closing up your front wheel openings or gettin a set of 1/2 ton fenders?(or was that someone else with a F series?)[S
It looks good to me the way it is.
[P[P[P[P

That was me. Once I lowered it, it looks much better.

Love the stance! That's a really nice looking Ford!

Thanks guys,. Now I am redoing the interior of the truck. I am going to my local u pull yard to find a couple of bucket seats. Maybe something out of an ol Bronco, or mid 70's Chevy truck. I also plan on fabricating a center console, like I did in the Fairlane a few years ago.

Wow, new front end done

Well, after installing the new forged dropped front end from Speedway, we found it was about 6* off on caster. It was removed and sent back to them for refund. I contacted Sids Dropped Axles and shipped my axle to them. They received it one day , then call me the very next day and said it was being shipped back. Wow, fast. I got it back a few days later and installed it. It turned out great. Lesson learned. I also got the center console fabricated, and new rear buckets from a Ford Explorer were installed. Having drive shaft built for the new Jag rear end. Once I get that back, it will be time to hit the road again. I

Attachments

• 0919191638.jpg
    0919191638.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 0908190837_HDR.jpg
    0908190837_HDR.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 29
So we now have an issue. This rear end uses a Jurid rubber coupler. The rear end is not centered because the tranny is in the middle and the rear end is slightly offset. Never had any experience with these types of couplers. But I would assume that it would have to be dead straight or it would only last about 20 minutes. So now I believe I need to have a u joint adaptor made to bolt a u joint to the three fingered yoke that comes out of the rear end. Any thoughts on this.? I know with the offset it has now the u joint would be fine

Latest posts

Back