Mini Muscle Car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks Flipper. The wheels are close and I didn't realize there were 15" tires at 22" in diameter.

Got the wheel tubs fabbed. Since I don't have a bead roller with a tipping wheel I beat a 3/8" flange on the vertical piece with a hammer and dolly.

Inside view. You can see the the tipped over edge better in this view. A little welding, a few pop rivets and BAM!, they're done.

Shoot, Bob. Leave a little access door in the dash and you'll be able to adjust the carb and distributor while you're going down the road!

Finished the wheel tubs and installed the gas tank. It was a bad day. I couldn't make a bracket correctly. Made 'em backwards, upside down, cut 'em too short. I made a lot of scrap today. Next the battery mount. Then a roll cage. Not looking forward to putting a cage in such a small space.

Yes, falconvan, there will be a trapdoor to get at the distributor from the top.

Build an exo cage.

Attachments

• exo cage.jpg
    exo cage.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 25

Built a battery tray out of angle iron and a hold down out of a variety of scrap metal.

ofr, I doubt I'll wrap the little French car in pipe.:eek:

Been adding bracing and finish welding here and there. The wood floor is temporary. Added seat risers to the plastic buckets that have been down my basement for years. I'm fretting over the roll cage now. Afraid I'll turn a lot of steel tubing into scrap. I'm kind of dyslexic when it comes to bending pipe.

I'm fretting over the roll cage now. Afraid I'll turn a lot of steel tubing into scrap. I'm kind of dyslexic when it comes to bending pipe.

ugh...same here...if the bend needs to go up I'll bend it down, then triple check the second one to be absolutely correct and bend it down again...[S

There is free software available to help calculate the bend measurements. I've used the "Bend-It" program with some success. It is available here: http://midmoracing.com/bendit.htm

The build is looking great Bob.

Obviously that Bent-it program has been around for a while since it's Windows 95 based , but I have never seen it before. I could really have used it more than once. Thanks for posting the link.

I'm lovin' this build.

Latest posts

Back