65 Goat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Iron

Well this is my high school dream.
A 65 GTO and I built it as a prostreet.:eek: I know
It's a 462 roller motor pumpin 1050 hp 600 on motor n 450 on nitrous, baby does 9.20's
Electric windows, full interior, power steering, juke box, all real glass, streetable n registered well except for the 14" Mickey's on the back.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Tiger in Woods.jpg
    Tiger in Woods.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 65 GTO.jpg
    65 GTO.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_0129a.jpg
    100_0129a.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 180
  • dcp01910.jpg
    dcp01910.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Glow in the dark.JPG
    Glow in the dark.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0912.jpg
    IMG_0912.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0908.jpg
    IMG_0908.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 78
Gorgeous.

My fathers pride & joy was a '65 GTO. He still talks about his shannanegins in that car, including outrunning the fuzz in the Baltimore Tunnel. He gave it to his brother to look after after getting drafted...and his brother destroyed the car.

I think my father is still upset about that. I always say that if i came into a huge windfall of money, i'd surprise him with a black '65 with white interior. Think that'd make his life at this point.

Nice ride man. I don't see a lot of '65's around here.

Thanks 38fordtruck, I've been real happy with the way it turned out too.
Thanks jmel, I can assure you your dad would be overwhelmed if you're ever able to do something like that, from a dads (and I'm 60 years old too) stand point, him even knowing you would do that makes him proud that you're his.

Very sharp and quick Goat you have there. I think the 65's were one of the prettiest GTO's ever made, very crisp styling.

When I was younger a buddy of mine's Dad owned a Pontiac/ Cadillac dealership and every other year my buddy got a brand new car of his choice. In 63 he got a 421 Gran Prix and in 65 he pulls into my driveway with a shiny black GTO convertible, white top, white interior. It had every option available, including tripower, close ratio 4 speed and 4:33 gears.

He took me for a ride and it flat out hauled. At 60 mph he could kick in the trips and light up the tires. :eek: In 66 I bought a GTO and while it was quick it wasn't as quick as the convertible. He regularly took trophies at the strip.

One time he broke down and showed me the window sticker that came with the car. On the portion where mine said "Tripower 389 engine" his had a big X across it. He confided that he ordered it with a 421 super duty with trips on it ! :eek: I have always wondered what became of that car, because it has to be a high dollar one due to the fact "Pontiac never built one with a 421 in it." :rolleyes: I guess if you knew the right boxes to check you could order anything in those days. :D

Don

65 Goat, always one of my favorites and on my list of wish I hads. I remember the mid sixities and muscle cars cruising all over the place. What a time to be a teenager in love with cars.

Thanks Don, that black white 421 super duty fully optioned convertible would be the highest priced to find nowadays I could think of. Thanks for the complement on mine.
What hooked me on 65 GTO's was a good lookin girl had a white 65 389 4 speed and she almost out run my uncle's 66 GTO 4 speed with it.

Hi Fleetline, yea it was great then, I couldn't afford any of them back then but, was very fortunate to have friends that could.
One friend had a 70 Charger 440 Magnum 4 speed pistol grip, another had a 69 Superbee 383 Magnum automatic, another 69 Roadrunner 4 speed, another 66 GTO .060 over 389 4 speed, I had a 61 bubble top .060 over 348 three speed Impala, they would have me run their cars for them at the Ozark Drag Strip which suited me just fine.

Thanks sgtpontiac, I love your profile pic, the old goat is a dream to drive, if it weren't for the unexpected moment, I think I could actually turn loose of the steering wheel and launch it on full nitrous.[dr:eek:[ddd[ddev:D The engine is tuned at 900 hp right now and runs that, I can tune it to 1050 hp and I think it would run in the high 8's

Awsome Ride. I had a 65 in High school and was tering it down to pro street it when I wrected my Daily Driver. I sold the Goat to fix the DD. I sure miss that car.

The Guy that bought it put it back together with new paint and no engine and stuck it in a barn 20+ years ago. I think its still there.:eek: If only I had the $$$$ to buy it back today:(

sorry for rambling once again AWSOME CAR!!!!!!![dr

Well this is my high school dream.
A 65 GTO and I built it as a prostreet.:eek: I know
It's a 462 roller motor pumpin 1050 hp 600 on motor n 450 on nitrous, baby does 9.20's
Electric windows, full interior, power steering, juke box, all real glass, streetable n registered well except for the 14" Mickey's on the back.:rolleyes:

Sick! [dr

NICE GTO. I had a 65 tempest in high school. Wish I would have kept it. Now I have a 68 gto with BBC power also. Mild compaired to yours. mine is 468 with ported 390hp 427 heads.

Thanks rex
These were fun cars to drive with the 389's in them
It'll run low 9's with the tuneup it has in it right now