My Dodge Bros coupe!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I returned the front end from Johnny Law Motors & ordered one from Speedway... it came today. Hairpins etc... Speedway! Front axle... Pete & Jakes Super Bell! Headed out to help my buddy rewire his car tomorrow but will be working on my frame this weekend now that I have the axle in house! Yipppeee!!!

BoB

Attachments

• boxes.jpg
    boxes.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 16
Setting up the front end so I can see how the front part of the frame needs to be.

BoB

Attachments

• axle.jpg
    axle.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 81
Here's a lil shot from the side! Wheelbase will be longer to accommodate the radiator etc but I was just leaning the front end up against the motor in this shot! Gittin' there!

BoB

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 89
Have the frame mapped out the way I want it... now for the fun part! Wheelbase will be aprox 130"! [cl

BoB

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 61
  • wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 58
With the long wheelbase it should be a smooth ride. You're making good progress. Gonna be a nice hot rod.

I have my frame half way built... haha! Finally finished mocking up the frame & am getting the steel next week... can't wait! Gonna rearrange my welding table to use as a frame table next. [;)[;)[;)

BoB

Attachments

• half.jpg
    half.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 65
I waved the magic wand & changed a bunch of 2x4's into 3x2 steel today! Just a lil more work on my welding table & I'll be stitching the frame together! [;)[;)[;)

BoB

Attachments

• steel.jpg
    steel.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 63
I finally got my welding table the way I want it. This was actually the welding table of my mentor 'The Bear'... RIP! He was a huge guy hence the bear nick & the most mild natured guy but you would regret making him mad! He was the best fabricator I've ever known & lead many lives. During Nam he was a gun ship helicopter pilot, worked for Disney as a model maker & made a huge exhibit at Houston's Natural Science Museum of the ocean's food chain. He also worked for NASA & was one of 5 guys who designed the glue that held the tiles on the Space Shuttle & survived... the other 4 all died of liver cancer from exposure to that glue although he did get liver cancer but survived. He used this table but welded on top of two railroad rails. I prefer a more traditional table & will lay a sheet of expanded metal for a flat surface to weld the rails together... then use the cross bracing as my frame table. Table is 5'x7'. [;)[;)[;)

Surprised your wife lets you work on it in the kitchen.[ddd

I wish!!!

BoB

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 44
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 43
Sounds like "The Bear" was a heck of a guy and it was your good fortune to know him. Glad to see you are moving right along on the Dodge.

Latest posts

Back