'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks

It looks good in gray!

The finished product may be totally different when I get to it but I like this combo for now.

Over night it turned into star and it's beautiful [cl[cl[c
GOOOOD JOB :D

I wanted to get it put back together for a little family gathering Saturday.
My way of avoiding the boring adults was taking the grandkids for rides.
We had a good time!

Holy Caledonia...beautimus Pops!!!
That shot with the hoods propped up is killer....nice work on that...

The hood mod has been well received and works great. One of my better ideas.

Nice two tone.

I don't know about clearing over primer, but if I were you I'd do a test panel and see how it works. Seems like it should work at least for a while.

I think I'm over the clearing over the primer. Just a case of looking for the easy way out I think. I've got lots of body work still to do and I well get it in paint someday.

Looks great POPS.
I guess that my only concern about the Clear over the primer would be adhesion issues. Clear coat is formulated to bond with a pigmented base coat.
And although the Clear has UV protection in it you may still have some issues with the sun making the primer look chalky.
Plus when you do go to shoot color are you going to have a problem shooting it over the clear coat or are you going to have to sand it all off to make sure the color sticks?
You might consider going with tintable epxoy primer. At least you will know that it is durable and with a good scuffing will hold the color.
Just my 2 cents worth. But what do I know. i still paint with a brush.......:eek::rolleyes:
Torchie

Your 2 cents worth is valuable advise to someone like me that has no clue what I'm doing when it comes to paint and body work.
After seeing the results of the satin finish look of this primer I may go with a satin finish like Hot Rod Flatz instead of hi gloss. I'll probably change my mind 4 or 5 more times before I get there tho.

[dr[dr[dr
Think I like it!:D:D:D:D
It kinda grows on you. Even my bride likes it well enough to ride with me.

AWESOME Pops!! Nice work!!
I have a '46 in the pipeline, can't wait to post some progress pics!!
Scott A.

What's the hold up one progress pics? Looking forward to see what you do..

I really like the two tone colors [cl

I had trouble deciding which color to put on top but this looked better to me.
Thanks.

Damn! That is awesome! Best looking truck of that era I keep saying!

I have to agree on these olds trucks. I'm still looking for a 1/2 ton panel to do.

Looking good Pops. Makes me second guess the direction of my project. I may just have to do one like this next. I like the original form of these trucks.
Well done.

Looking good Pops. Makes me second guess the direction of my project. I may just have to do one like this next. I like the original form of these trucks.
Well done.

Thanks it's getting there. I love driving my rat but this will be my daily driver for sure. Good luck with your project.

Been driving the snot out of this thing and loving it.
Haven't had any issues show up in 1866 miles.

A little paint set the front trim work off and in the process of finishing
my front bumper. This is the third and final version. Still need to cap the ends and paint.

Attachments

• IMG_4436.jpg
    IMG_4436.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4431.jpg
    IMG_4431.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4457.jpg
    IMG_4457.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4458.jpg
    IMG_4458.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 52
Damn Pops, Looking good. I found some steel at the scrap yard yesterday for the same shape front bumper. Mine is 1 1/2 x 4" oval tube.

Bravo pops... Great looking truck.. Color is very nice and the bumper flows super nice...

I'll be the first to ask... What's next???
[P

Latest posts

Back