Saturday Cars and Coffee

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offroadrolls

Every other Saturday here in Steamboat we have Cars and Coffee down at the transit center parking lot. The cool thing is how many types of enthusiast and the different cars that come. I've been gone or forgot about it all Summer until today and then I was an hour late. Here's a few pics.

Perhaps the most interesting build was this one. The guys name is Bryan, and he cut the entire body off the floor pan of a Mazda Miata. Then he welded the tube frame to what was left. He also built the engine to run a turbo @ 15 psi of boost doubling it's HP from 130 to 260. He say's it weighs 15oo pounds.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This one's been around town for years. I don't know what it is though it is very well put together.

attachment.php

This Morris is Right Hand drive and owned by a cabinet maker. The wood work in/on it is beautiful.

attachment.php

This Volvo is way cool if you like that sort of thing.

attachment.php

These guys are friends and were leaving just as I got there. Proof that we can work across the isle.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This Challenger is said to have 650 HP.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5400.jpg
    IMG_5400.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_5389.jpg
    IMG_5389.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_5388.jpg
    IMG_5388.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5390.jpg
    IMG_5390.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5395.jpg
    IMG_5395.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5396.jpg
    IMG_5396.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5399.jpg
    IMG_5399.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5391.jpg
    IMG_5391.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_5392.jpg
    IMG_5392.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5397.jpg
    IMG_5397.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 73
There was a long running Cars & Coffee in Houston but it was mainly inhabited by pretty lil rich boys & their Ferraris, Lambos, etc. (and of course their pretty lil Barbie Doll girlfriends)! One Saturday I took the ol Daytripper down there & there was a spot between two Lambos so I started backing up into it & you should have seen those guys... their eyes nearly popped outta their heads like I was gonna hit one of them! They started freaking out & trying to reluctantly guide me in. I laughed for weeks! For some reason... I didn't feel the love! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

Red car is a 40 Ford, probably one of Ford's most beautiful designs.
Silver car is a Chevy Camaro.

I see the old work horse Dodge in the first pic!

That buggy looks decent! You see soooo many of those where the owner thinks this is what theirs look like, but it really looks like a meth build. Nice to see what can be done.

That buggy looks decent! You see soooo many of those where the owner thinks this is what theirs look like, but it really looks like a meth build. Nice to see what can be done.

What baffled me on the buggy was doing all that nice skilled tube work and then screwing that ill-fitting generic rack to the top.

Cool buggy. No serious off road driving for me in that thing without a more comfortable seat. More rad protection maybe. [S
[P

They have one around here and it's nothing but high dollar cars. Just looking at most of the guys, you know none of them have ever turned a wrench! :eek:

Zipper

Cool buggy. No serious off road driving for me in that thing without a more comfortable seat. More rad protection maybe. [S
[P

Most of these style buggy that people are building now are meant for on-road performance, not off road. So you're right, it would probably be useless off road but would do well on a road course or maybe even a drag strip.

Are you familiar with the 'Vette Kart? That's where this style of build originates.

So is the buggy built off a Mazda Miata platform?? Just a guess seeing the inline Mazda engine so I'm assuming it's rear wheel drive....

The guys name is Bryan, and he cut the entire body off the floor pan of a Mazda Miata. Then he welded the tube frame to what was left. He also built the engine to run a turbo @ 15 psi of boost doubling it's HP from 130 to 260. He say's it weighs 15oo pounds.

Yep ;)

Appreciate the background on this type of build Snopro. Will look for the Vette Kart. When I think road course, MG, Lotus, and Healey come to mind. A different time.

Latest posts

Back