LS1 in my '41 Chev panel truck!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I bought an LS1 w/OD tranny out of a 2001 Camaro from a friend & put it in my '41 Chev gasser panel truck. It ran like a scalded ape & even though it was a HUGE brick... it actually got better gas mileage that any hot rod I've ever owned... 25mpg! Hated to sell it but I was moving... sorta wish I hadn't sold it now! :eek:

BoB

Attachments

• gasser.jpg
    gasser.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 94
  • LS1.jpg
    LS1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 101
  • LS.jpg
    LS.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 186
I hated to sell it but....

Man, we have all said that huh? That's a sign of a responsible man. We've had to part with prized possessions in situations in order to do something "better". Regardless of what the reason, you thought it was necessary to move forward. If you improved your own situation or if you improved a relative's situation or maybe helped a friend, you've done what you thought was "needed" to do. My hat's off to you for doing what it took. That was a beautiful ride! The only time I would look back at something like that with real regret is if nobody benefitted from your action.

This was a *strange* swap. I liked the old steering wheel and wanted to keep the kool steering box but was afraid there would be placement probs with a modern V8. When the motor was dropped in to see how it would fit... there was a lil space on the driver's side of the motor that was perfect & the motor dropped right in. The OD tranny fit right in & the old tranny mount was in the perfect position & hooked right up. It was like they had designed it so we could swap an LS motor right in! That'll never happen again!!! :eek:

BoB

Thats kind of a strange bunch of parts put together but it sure looks good. And I wish I still had my 57 Chevy+66 Chevy+68, oh you know what I mean.

I would miss that panel too.

Heak. I miss my 56 one-ton Cheby panel. Now that was a big truck!

I love my LS3 475 hp at the flywheel with mods!!
Going to get a supercharger in the next week or so.

Don... I added an MSD box & MSD coil packs to the LS3 in my Chevelle. They ain't cheap but are worth it IMO. The MSD box lets you run different timing curves & rev limits!

BoB

Latest posts

Back