Conversion U-Joint

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
Do any of you guys (and gals) know the part number for the U-joint that fits a Chevy yoke on one end and a 8" Ford (differential) yoke on the other end?

I think the driveline businesses call it a conversion U-joint.

Your help would be appreciated.

Bob

Ive looked around and have not found what you are looking
for you might have to have the driveshaft made with a chevy yoke on one end and ford on the other i dont see a conversion u-joint for that application

bob w, there are at least two different universal joints for that conversion with the difference being the type of retention clips, inside or outside. Lakewood has these two (click link.
http://accel-dfi.com/ProductsListBy...nID=1662&majID=166&selection=7&minselection=1

Speedway also has two, again with the difference being the manner of retension, inside or outside clips. Check the and style that you are dealing with. One of these should do the trick.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/GmSea...ntend&ip=192.168.100.4&proxyreload=1&start=10

if you go to your local napa , just tell them what you have and they will look up the different cross diameters and come up with the joint , they have helped me every time.

Thanks for the help guys. I've spent a lot of time on the Spicer web site. Now, my foggy memory is sharpening enough to recall that the driveshaft shop had to use 2 u joints to make one. I have the 8" Ford rear with 1 1/8" cups. All the conversion u joints are for the 1 1/16" cup. I saw a conversation on a Ford chat the Ford Motorsports sells a joint with 6 cups so a person can mix and match. I'll be the local Ford counter guy will not know about that!

Do any of you guys (and gals) know the part number for the U-joint that fits a Chevy yoke on one end and a 8" Ford (differential) yoke on the other end?

I think the driveline businesses call it a conversion U-joint.

Your help would be appreciated.

Bob

The big and little?
Precison u-joint # 372

Martin

Went to the driveshaft emporium today. Had to order a conversion u-joint and a 8" Ford u-joint for the 1 1/8" caps. The conversion joint only comes with 1 1/16' caps on the Ford cross.

Latest posts

Back