steering options

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonechop

finishing up getting my truck on 4 wheels, now i have to decide on what style steering setup to use. I like the cowl steering and sidesteer setups. I plan to use the truck alot once done so I don't want anything tricky or questionable.

While searching and pricing out options, I came across the unisteer rack and pinion. It works out about the same or less than piecing together another setup. Anyone have any pros or cons on it. I am simply looking for dependability and cost.

thanks ahead of time

I'm glad you asked this question as I really like cowl style steering set-ups too. I've been meaning to ask if anybody could explain the do's and don'ts of setting up cowl style steering. The BMW 2002 type or better yet, manual sprint car style. A build with pics would be great.

I am in the middle of a cowl steering build and seriously wish I had never started. Of course I had to re-invent the wheel using what I could find. The problem I have is getting everything to look right and have the steering actually work. My biggest problem has been getting the draglink level without a pitman arm that is way too long. If I had it to do over I would have frame mounted a steering box, maybe from an F100 or econoline.

Latest posts

Back