T5 in a 59 F100 (clutch pedal area)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
So I built this F100 last year for a guy here with a 351W and a T5 from a mustang. I used the Mcleod hydraulic slave cylinder with a wilwood master. Lets just say A: it never worked well. Hard pedal etc. B: both the mater and the slave both puked out their respective seals 1st at about a month in and second at about 3 months of use. SO I went a head and did what I wanted to do in the first place and run it with a cable. I bought a 94 mustang pedal setup complete off the auction site for $80 shipped. I had a new cable that came with the clutch kit I installed last year.

I cut the pedal box apart so that all I had was the right side where all the actuating cam was and the tube where the clutch pivot rod went through. I drilled 2 3/4" holes through the stock F100 pedal box and slid the tube through. I placed the tube right behind the stock brake pedal. I did this because you have to cut off the stock brake pedal stop from the pedal itself.

Then you will need to cut off the clutch pedal up by the pivot so you can reuse the pivot as a spacer for the long bolt. Next weld the tube to the F100 box and the front part of the plate to the side of the F100 box where it bumps out at the fire wall. drill a 1 1/2" hole through the fire wall about 3" down from the stud that holds the sound deadener in place and centered on the body rib. You'll see what I mean.

Next cut the mustang pedal off 1/2 way up. Install the cable cam and pivot rod with all the stock mustang springs. set the top 1/2 of the mustang pedal on the pivot rod then trim and weld the stock lower 1/2 F100 pedal to the mustang upper 1/2. Add a bracket to hold the cable away from the exhaust and wala! feels just like a stock 94 mustang unit. I didn't take a finished picture but I just wanted to let you all see how slick it fits in there. It is just the right width and the right distance off the fire wall.

Any more pics?

Wow....thanks for posting this! I'm an old guy, have never even seen the Mustang unit outside of a car, so I don't understand some of the terminology. Do you by chance have any pictures of the completed unit that show the Mustang pivot, etc.?

Latest posts

Back