local find

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedoh

answered an ad for some parts, debated on taking my 41 and should have. not more than 4 miles from my door, I pulled in and in the driveway were a 47 stude business couple and a 47 buick. the parts ended upnot being what I was looking for. he said yes to me walking around and taking pictures.

I know some guys will want to know where and how much but this guy is pretty savvy on values, he is nobodies fool. says he sells on ebay regularly. really liked the late 50s ford trucks and dodge dakotas, had about 6 of each. he just finished the buick and is doing the 41 ford coupe next, the only car I would have wanted except maybe one of the "a's". he had more a's in the shuttered garage too. elcectic collection, packards, lincolns, volvos, jeeps and willys and lots and lots of fords. he was in his 80s and still building.

IMG_0453 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0455 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0457 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0458 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0460 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0461 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

look at all the a hoods!

IMG_0462 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0463 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0467 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0468 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0470 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0472 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0474 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

for torchie
IMG_0475 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

IMG_0476 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

the only one I would have bought
IMG_0477 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0479 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0480 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

oh what a difference a couple years makes.
IMG_0481 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0482 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

Last edited:
there was a volvo club here running those sports in auto-x about 15 years ago, havent seen many since but for a while they were all over. the austin I think is rare anywhere haha.

the austin I think is rare anywhere haha.

Haha I think you`re right... I remember a local guy sold one maybe 35yrs ago... we were watching them load it up when it fell into pieces :eek:
They ran it over with a tractor a few times and left it to sink into the ground... :D

Some odd and rare stuff there! Packard Limo, Hudson Terraplane... and what's this? Looks like a Pierce Arrow but the grille is throwing me off...

43632666561_4898ec19fb_b.jpg

I talked to him again today, he has some spare tire covers he wanted identifying. they were 1940 packard, his is a 39, so thats why they didnt fit.

DR its a 27 lincoln. the radiator is shuttered! meaning it opens and closes for airflow. definitely a lot of wacky stuff. he said the 41 deluxe was the next project, he oughta do well with it. I thought briefly about throwing my hat in the ring but I have too many irons in the fire.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 79
I talked to him again today, he has some spare tire covers he wanted identifying. they were 1940 packard, his is a 39, so thats why they didnt fit.

DR its a 27 lincoln. the radiator is shuttered! meaning it opens and closes for airflow. definitely a lot of wacky stuff. he said the 41 deluxe was the next project, he oughta do well with it. I thought briefly about throwing my hat in the ring but I have too many irons in the fire.

attachment.php

This one threw me. It's different with the leaned back windshield. Possibly one of the earliest done this way.

Lots of good projects there... Its crazy there is still a lot out there... I too was intrigued with the car with the slanted front window

I went home a different way then normal last night, could see a 29 model a sport coupe sitting on top of a shipping container at a pick and pull place i have never been past before.

Lots of good projects there... Its crazy there is still a lot out there...

I know, its mind boggling that this was four miles from my house. i didnt have to drive hours, just barely a 10 minute drive, even on the same end of town.

Latest posts

Back