How's your weather????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to hear from you again, Animal. I'm a real fan of '56's, especially black ones, so while you were away, I got one of my own. The second picture is a salmon pink Meteor that I had in highschool.
Mac, those are both super nice! I had a '55 salmon Mercury Montclair right after I got out of high school.

Hey Doc, I tried a few times to reply to your post, but kept getting an error message. Thanks for your post. I do still have the car, but the other day was the second time it was out of the garage in nearly a year. What with re-doing carpentry, plumbing, and electrical stuff on the house and my accident back in February, it's been a tough year here. I got my shoulder fixed (I hope) yesterday, and will have knee replacement surgery as soon as I can handle crutches. Maybe I can actually get some fun in next summer if I'm not in a concentration camp. 🤪

So nice to hear from you Larry. Man, you sure have had a full plate the last couple years. Bound to smooth out now.

We are just ending a picture perfect, record breaking Native American summer. Trying to be politically correct.

OI, one week-end while I was in grade twelve, I bought a gutted '59 Meteor. I pulled it up beside the '56 Meteor and swapped out the motor, trans and rear-end. The '56 sat there at the edge of the bush for fifty three years. The bush has grown up around it, but here it is. It's pink.

Attachments

• IMG_1858.jpg
    IMG_1858.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 15
Well the weather man was right for a change, I could barely open the back door this morning. There won't be any going to work today "SNOW DAY" There is a four foot drift of snow from in front of my bulk propane truck all the way across the front of the shop. The wind is howling and more snow is blowing in. Looks like you got it to Doc. share and share alike. :D:D

So nice to hear from you Larry. Man, you sure have had a full plate the last couple years. Bound to smooth out now.

We are just ending a picture perfect, record breaking Native American summer. Trying to be politically correct.

bob.
We have several great friends that are Native Americans. I actually asked one the other day if the term "Indian summer" was acceptable still. He laughed and said yes. He uses it all the time and when a non native uses it around him, as in , "What a beautiful Indian summer day", he looks at them and say's "Your welcome".:eek::p [cl :D
Rain here last night. Temps dropping starting tomorrow.
Torchie

Our Indian summer provider was an Indian giver... lasted about 5 days before he took it back. :p

Pictures or it didn't happen, Dozer. I haven't been out of the compound yet, but I don't think we got it as bad as you did. I'm going on a mission later today, film at 6...

Last edited:
As expected, the streets are a mess and people are idiots, so defensive driving and evasive measures are key to survival. For those reasons, I chauffeured "The Bride of Crankenstein" on an errand run this afternoon.

Generally speaking, we have a foot of snow everywhere and it'll be a few days before crews can finish the job.

attachment.php

Tag, you're IT Dozer. :p

Attachments

• fp 351.JPG
    fp 351.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 32
OI, one week-end while I was in grade twelve, I bought a gutted '59 Meteor. I pulled it up beside the '56 Meteor and swapped out the motor, trans and rear-end. The '56 sat there at the edge of the bush for fifty three years. The bush has grown up around it, but here it is. It's pink.

Like the pink Meteor Mac. Came across this coral 55 recently.

Attachments

• 20201109_204134.jpg
    20201109_204134.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 12
4.5 hours on the the old ford tractor to get the drive ways cleared.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of snow 003.jpg
    Resize of snow 003.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Resize of snow 002.jpg
    Resize of snow 002.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 27
Yesterday I was going to taunt you guys that had big weather, because we had about 1/4" of snow and it was slightly melting. You should have moved up into the North-west where the weather is nice.
Today, however, it is snowing quite heavily.
I'm glad I'm too nice of a guy to have teased you.

Yesterday I was going to taunt you guys that had big weather, because we had about 1/4" of snow and it was slightly melting. You should have moved up into the North-west where the weather is nice.
Today, however, it is snowing quite heavily.
I'm glad I'm too nice of a guy to have teased you.

I know better MM, I lived in Dawson Creek for a couple years 😜😜

A very windy weekend followed by a cold rain. My stubborn maple trees finally dropped their leaves. So today was spent with the leaf blower, which has become a permanent extension of my left arm, herding leaves to the borders of the yard. Trying to beat the blowing sleet/snow that is predicted. Well, the last half hour was cold, windy, rainy and snowy. But the job is done for this year

Hot rod building season has officially arrived in Minnesota,.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back