bronze mig welding

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mig with silicon bronze

Thank's Paul J; I was thinking of trying it when it comes time for headers. My cousin is also interested in it for some repairs on his lotus 7 frame.

apoligies

sorry for wrong post place, i'm new here and learning. one reason was for the purpose of less warping while welding large panels in for body work. the main reason was for repair of an original Lotus frame that was originaly brazed together from the factory. I was wondering what kind of heat and wire speed settings to start out at on miller 210 with spool gun.

sorry for wrong post place, i'm new here and learning. one reason was for the purpose of less warping while welding large panels in for body work. the main reason was for repair of an original Lotus frame that was originaly brazed together from the factory. I was wondering what kind of heat and wire speed settings to start out at on miller 210 with spool gun.

My suggestion, especially with a new combo like this, would be to get some metal of the same thickness, and start on that to setup the welder to your liking prior to welding the actual panels/frame...

Without knowing the thicknesses, its hard to make any recommendations
Please, let us know how it goes, I'm curious as to how this will work out.[P

mig with silicon bronze

still working on it. would have to order wire. it's around 25 bucks for a 2 lb roll at my local air gas. i'll see how it goes

Make sure you use straight argon and a lower heat setting. If you're not using a spool gun use an over sized tip and keep the cable as straight as possible; lay the cable out on the bench so it doesn't sag. Other than that it'll weld like regular wire.

Latest posts

Back