Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Everyone

He'll be glad to hear the news. [cl
He's a buyer not a builder and I'm not sure if I won't to get into it. He's older than me and it's in his well to come to me but I really want to build another open car not a truck.[S
If it goes up for sale I'll run be here first:D
Thanks again

Question

I pick up this 78 Chevy LUV rolling chassis thinking of using it for the next project. Has anyone used one of these [S
Looks to be in good shape and complete, it will get here later in the week. Free delivery is hard to beat[cl

And that spare 350 might even work [S sorry DocC

Attachments

• LUV 1.jpg
    LUV 1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 24
"Value is like a blank check... when you fill it in and sign your name, you're comfortable with the number and nobody's opinion matters!"

Doc, I really like this comment, it's absolutely right [cl;)

I pick up this 78 Chevy LUV rolling chassis thinking of using it for the next project. Has anyone used one of these [S
Looks to be in good shape and complete, it will get here later in the week. Free delivery is hard to beat[cl

It might work, depending on what body you plan to put on it. Since we drive our stuff on long road trips sometimes in less populated areas, we always consider availability of parts. I don't know what availability of parts are like for a LUV front suspension (or even how well they handle), but that might be something to consider.

Doc, I really like this comment, it's absolutely right [cl;)

Thank You. :p

Good. I wasn't driving to California for it, anyhow. :D

I only recall seeing V8 Luv trucks at the drag strip, which would be on fabricated chassis, so that's no help.

Interesting subject, nonetheless. I think Luvs were strictly 4 cylinders of... Isuzu design? If that's true and the 4 bangers were all aluminum, an iron V8 could crush the front end like a beer can... wait a minute, now you have my gears turning...

I briefly owned a V8 Vega, long, long ago. I'm 95% sure the front suspension was bone stock except for... V8 Monza springs, maybe? I don't remember it handling poorly, aside from the 3500 converter and severe traction issues...

Having said all that, I would look the suspension over, paying special attention to component size... ball joints, tie rod ends, control arm bushings. If they're weenie-teenie lightweight parts, game over!

yeah!!!

my cousin l found on facebook last month, l have not seen her since 1986, so happy to find her, we were real close as kids and clicked at dinner last night like we never got separated by time & life....

Later :cool:

Attachments

• maryland parker.jpg
    maryland parker.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 32
my cousin l found on facebook last month, l have not seen her since 1986, so happy to find her, we were real close as kids and clicked at dinner last night like we never got separated by time & life....

Later :cool:

At first I thought you meant your cousin had the car and you hadn't seen it for a long time! lol. I used to score well on the reading comprehension section... what happened to me?

Latest posts

Back