37 plymouth headlight

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

einnor

Hello. I've changed my 37 ply coupe to a 12 volt system. I want to keep the headlights the way they are. Would anyone know where I can find 12 volt replacement lamps for my headlights. thanks ronnie

There is a bunch of ads on eBay offering what you are looking for.

That said, you will still end up with headlights that don't work any better than 37 Plymouth headlights. I would suggest converting them to a seal beam set up. Post '67 VW bulb retainer/adjuster mechanisms will bolt in easily with little or no modification, and you still get to use your rings and all. Then you can sell the guts to a purist. :D There are likely other units that will adapt also, but likely with a bit more modification.

Good luck in your hunt.

There is a bunch of ads on eBay offering what you are looking for.

That said, you will still end up with headlights that don't work any better than 37 Plymouth headlights.

Yeah... nothin' like drivin' at night with 6v lights! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Ron Francis sells 12 volt replacement bulbs. Ran them 30 years ago in my 37 ford and they were plenty bright.

Funny you said that....

Yeah... nothin' like drivin' at night with 6v lights! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

I was pleasantly surprised at how bright the headlamps were on my 53 until it idled..lol... this 6v positive ground non sense is going to go for sure.... but not as fast as I'd like it too.... also, I was amazed that the radio worked... but I forgot how little selection you have on AM.... :eek:

Latest posts

Back