What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screw that, ill stick with my sticky deep mud. :D

I bet you folks out in the west would crawl down the grand canyon if allowed. Holy moly that made me draw up on that first drop.

Hey bone, ill bet you've wheeled with some of my buds from the bronco site. Especially the colorado boys.

Probably wheeled with some of them somewhere.

You can have the mud, the difference is we have to only clean up one spot.:D

Looks like fun.

Here is my sami. It has been put on the back burner due to newer toys.

IM000719.JPG

Nothing quite as fun as driving off of cliffs, but I did get disc brakes put on my Buick last weekend. It's pretty weird to hit the brakes and stop quickly in a straight line, but I think I'll grow to like it. This weekend is new Jamco springs, some buffing, and hopefully finish pinstriping the hood and deck lid. 2 weeks from now, the area car shows start, the first one being up in McCook Nebraska, at a nice park with fishing ponds, and a playground for the kids. That'll be good, as my 4 year old loves cars, but doesn't want to look at them ALL day......

did some brake work on the wifeys '50 chevy. Come to find out i need a wheel cylinder for the front passenger side, like $5o for a new one or $2o for a rebuild kit. Either way i really dont want to do it, im sure those drums wont want to come off to easy.

Heres a pic of my Offroadin' hot rod. Started out life as a '71 Jeepster commando wagon w/ dauntless V6. The body rotted off (literally) so pops and i built the new tub out of 11guage for the sides and 11guage diamond plate for the floors. 3" bumpers and nerf bars, 6 point roll cage out of 2". Hillbilly suspension lift (lowered the suspension mounts 4 inches, then had new springs made) total of 8" lift. 35" tires mounted on '65 All wheel drive scout axles. 350/350/205 set up. 101" wheelbase. Honestly the only thing left original is the frame and part of the grill.

Attachments

• blue jeep.jpg
    blue jeep.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 20
Sheesh Bonehead I will give it to you rock crawler folk's you have huge stones lol I didn't have a problem throwing my Modified off into a corner at 90 miles an hour but that pointing your hood off cliff's just unnerves me to no end lol.

Nothing quite as fun as driving off of cliffs, but I did get disc brakes put on my Buick last weekend. It's pretty weird to hit the brakes and stop quickly in a straight line, but I think I'll grow to like it. This weekend is new Jamco springs, some buffing, and hopefully finish pinstriping the hood and deck lid. 2 weeks from now, the area car shows start, the first one being up in McCook Nebraska, at a nice park with fishing ponds, and a playground for the kids. That'll be good, as my 4 year old loves cars, but doesn't want to look at them ALL day......

Well, I didn't get the springs in, I put a new clutch in my old shovelhead instead........I did pinstripe the trunklid though, and cut and buffed the roof.

Hint : the pupil of the flying eye is the keyhole for the trunk

slotcartrack.jpg

Went to our local car show and got 100 more signatures to add to my petition to help save a car on a pole here in town in VA that the county wants to take down, (because it doesn't fit the look of the new 301 corridor) WTF:rolleyes:
The car has been up on this pole since the early 50's, the person that bought the property is an auto shop and the county made them agree he'd take it down (or they wouldn't issue his permits! Isn't that like blackmail :mad: )
So SRM is trying to get the community to have a say and save the car on the pole. Here is a link if you want to see the pole car.

http://www.stillrunnin.com/magazine/sr5/73-74

New Grill

I went from a barbque grill to a custom made 1 it's made from 1/8x1/2 strap and 1/8 rod rod:D

Attachments

• DSC00340.JPG
    DSC00340.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00355.JPG
    DSC00355.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00356.JPG
    DSC00356.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 50
Hoods sorta done, I'm not sure, but I think it needs a little bit more....

I got spacers for my rear wheels machined, and the wheels installed. I think I am just about done for this year, or at least until the snow starts next fall.

slotcartrack004.jpg

slotcartrack006.jpg

Latest posts

Back